• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 62chevyimpala

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I've had the XDm for a couple of years now. I've put ~2k rounds through it and have ZERO complaints. I love the gun. It's, probably, the one gun in my safe that I'll never get rid of. For me, it's great.

I got the itch and it was time to add to my collection. I chose the new M&P9 M2.0 because I've heard so many good things about it. The new grip design alone made it stand out to me. The price point was really great (~$500) and the legendary S&W craftsmanship made it a reasonably easy choice.

I took them both to the range today. I shot 100 rounds through the XDm and put 200 rounds through the M&P9. Overall, the M&P performed well out of the box. It shot really nice and pretty accurate. I did have to adjust my grip to account for my groupings pushing left. Once I figured that out, it was pretty accurate.

I would say that I feel more accurate and comfortable with the XDm, but that should be obvious since I've been shooting it for a couple of years.

The difference, to me, was getting them both home and cleaning them. The XDm comes apart easily and goes back together flawlessly. The M&P, on the other hand, is a puzzle. I had to use the manual and still tinkered with it until I got it to come apart. It took me three times as long to disassemble, clean, and then reassemble the M&P as the XDm.

This really disappointed me. Im hoping that, with time, I'll get quicker with it. Im hoping that with more oil and breaking in, the gun will become easier to work with. This makes me really appreciate my XDm far more than the M&P. However, I really like the gun and will continue to work with it as both are fun to shoot.

*All shooters are different with different backgrounds. I've taught myself almost everything I know about guns. Im sure some of you would have ZERO issues with the things that bothered me. If so, that's awesome, disregard this post. 16602260_10107673304967268_3856792589735406236_o.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I truly love my XDm. I was shooting it Monday and finally broke the lite pipe in the front sight. Pretty easy to install the new one. I tried the green one this time. I'll see how I like it.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Once you get the hang of disassembling a new gun it'll be easy. My biggest complaint with the XD series is it is not easy to put night sights on.

Top Bottom