• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    For those of you who have had the Pro package done, does this convert the gun into something which requires Federal Primers (in reloads) or factory ammo to ignite 100% of rounds? Just would like to know what I'm getting into before spending the $350.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Only if you use the 11.5# mainspring. If you use the 13# mainspring you should have consistent ignition with just about anything.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Cool, thanks...what is the resulting trigger pull with 13#?
    It varies but probably three and a half to four pounds, single. Probably seven to eight in double. I use 11.5# springs in all my guns and don't have any problems. But most of the ammo I run is either CCI, Federal, Winchester or Remington.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    It varies but probably three and a half to four pounds, single. Probably seven to eight in double. I use 11.5# springs in all my guns and don't have any problems. But most of the ammo I run is either CCI, Federal, Winchester or Remington.

+1 on this.

With the 13# you will have no concerns at all.

I run the 11.5# and can say that if I let her get stupid dirty you may have some problems. I am running CCI SPP reloads.

I feel it is worth it though because for the 1.5# drop in spring weight I had the same drop in pull weight. If I keep her lubed and properly serviced she runs like a top. 6.5# and 2.5#

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    +1 on this.

With the 13# you will have no concerns at all.

I run the 11.5# and can say that if I let her get stupid dirty you may have some problems. I am running CCI SPP reloads.

I feel it is worth it though because for the 1.5# drop in spring weight I had the same drop in pull weight. If I keep her lubed and properly serviced she runs like a top. 6.5# and 2.5#
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I won't even consider using a 13# anymore. Mine all run great.

Top Bottom