• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    First and foremost I KNOW that this will get deep in here so... high waters on..

I have carried a G27 for years (~2007). Now I have just gotten into the owner / president position at a company. I would like to upgrade to a more "executive" model. Preferably Steel. I've looked at all sorts of models and I can/t decide. OC is perfectly acceptable, so size is not the biggest issue. At the same time I don't want to break the bank.

1) prefer steel over Poly (but persuade me if not)
    2) needs capacity, no Wheelies
    3) Prefer OC
    4) price sensitive $200-700

Thanks!

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Big fan of the compact line of CZ 75. There is the P-01 that has a rail and decocker. It is all metal with an aluminum alloy frame. There is the PCR that is the same as the P-01 except it doesn't have a rail. The CZ 75 compact has no rail and is an all steel gun.

They can be had well within your budget and can be upgraded later on if you want to become truly top notch shooters.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Even though I prefer the CZ, nothing says executive to me so much as a 1911. It is just a classic "man's gun" to me. A member that has forgotten more about the platform than I will ever know highly recommends the Springfield Range Officer line as a base gun. They tend to be great Bang for the buck out of the box and can also be upgraded later on if desired.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I will jump in on the CZ bandwagon here due to budget. They are confusing at first to see what you are looking at with all of the options, but they are pretty sweet pistols. They can fulfill all of your criteria very well.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Steel? Executive? This has 1911 written all over it. I'd go Springfield. Downside would be capacity. There is also a CZ 97. Both would be at the top end of your price range.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    $700? Staying metal...that's tough.

How about a S&W 4506? 45 acp, metal, accurate and a bit of a collector items (executive level style...). You could find a nice S&W 4516-2 for under $500 is you want to keep the shorter barrel length.

Used Sig Ultra 1911 in 45 or 9 mm ($750 with a little luck)

Of course, a 1911 but budget is tight...

Berretta INOX is a good option.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Go with the CZ75, unless you're a very experienced, disciplined shooter who can handle a single action trigger, in which case, get a good quality 1911 made by Springfield Armory, Colt, or Ruger.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My G21 seems like a boss to me.

How about a long slide Glock. Seen a plain clothes cop wearing one in a belt slide recently.:dunno:

Money can't buy a better pistol. You got perfection. Nothing you can purchase to make you shoot better. Invest in training and ammo. Gun on belt don't make you a boss it's being able to take charge. Walk softly and carry a big stick.:twocents:

Top Bottom