• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Just wondering if anyone has one of these and how do you like it. Was looking at one for a relatively inexpensive no frills revolver to just beat up on. These look pretty good and for the price their very tempting. Anyone have any thoughts?

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I have the M206 (snubbie version). It's my EDC. I've had about 1100 or so rounds down range. The only problem I've seen is some sticking when emptying the cylinder after a couple hundred rounds. A good cleaning takes care of this. Overall, it's a decent gun, especially given the ~$200 price tag.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea that's kind of what I'm thinking as well. Ive never really been a revolver guy but lately have been just wanting to add one to the safe to just shoot and beat on a little. I'm stuck between the RIA model and the 4" EAA Windicator model. I like the idea of the EAA in that its a .357 so I could shoot both, but its a little more coin.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I'd try to handle both (preferably in the same place to do a side by side). I will say that the fit of the RIA is okay, but it's no Ruger or Smith. The finish isn't the greatest either. I'm seeing some wear already on the crane and the end of the cylinder from the holster. I've not seen the EAA Windicator. So, I'm not sure, but the pictures I saw looked it's blued whereas the RIA is parkerized. Just a couple things to consider.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I'd try to handle both (preferably in the same place to do a side by side). I will say that the fit of the RIA is okay, but it's no Ruger or Smith. The finish isn't the greatest either. I'm seeing some wear already on the crane and the end of the cylinder from the holster. I've not seen the EAA Windicator. So, I'm not sure, but the pictures I saw looked it's blued whereas the RIA is parkerized. Just a couple things to consider.

ill defiantly try and do that. One of my LGS keeps them both in stock so I'm gonna have to go looking. I was pretty set on the RIA but for not much more money its very tempting to get one that I can shoot 357 out of and still be able to shoot the 38spl for fun..

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    great guns and armscor service is top notch. we have the 200. shortly after buying but before firing we noticed a rust spot. armscor replaced the gun without question, sent us a ball cap, a coin and a pin. i am partial to things from the phillipines ,as my wife is from there:):

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    For cheaper revolvers, id rate them as follows for avaerage quality.

Taurus>Armscor>Windicator>Charter>Cobra

I would skip modern Charters, or a Cobra revolver.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    For cheaper revolvers, id rate them as follows for avaerage quality.

Taurus>Armscor>Windicator>Charter>Cobra

I would skip modern Charters, or a Cobra revolver.

Thanks for the info, I ended up putting one of the EAA Windicator's on layaway. Got it for $299 so I figured Id take a chance on it and see how it does. If nothing else I think it will be a decent thrash on gun.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I payed $169 otd at Rural King. It's rough parkerized finish. It ain't pretty but functions. I believe it is colt detective copy. I have hundreds of rounds down range with no problems. Well worth the money for a kicker IMHO.

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I can't say anything about the Armscor but I had a Windicator that broke after about 75 rounds mixed between 357 and 38 special. The push rod to eject the spent shells from the cylinder bound up and would not push all the way in and would not return from the small amount of movement it would make until you pulled it back forward. I had horrible experience with EAA customer service.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I payed $169 otd at Rural King. It's rough parkerized finish. It ain't pretty but functions. I believe it is colt detective copy. I have hundreds of rounds down range with no problems. Well worth the money for a kicker IMHO.

Dang thats crazy cheap! I cant say Id care about the finish either for that price and if it works. Ill have to keep an eye out at my local RK to see if the put them on sale....

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I can't say anything about the Armscor but I had a Windicator that broke after about 75 rounds mixed between 357 and 38 special. The push rod to eject the spent shells from the cylinder bound up and would not push all the way in and would not return from the small amount of movement it would make until you pulled it back forward. I had horrible experience with EAA customer service.

Man Im really hoping I dont have any issues with the one I put on layaway. Im going to have it out next week so we'll see!

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    I've been to this dance before. For me, I've decided to stick with Smith and Wesson. The older ones are keepers. Save a little and buy quality.

Top Bottom