Okay, I get it now. I think I hate Glocks and love CZs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    OVLxKpY.jpg

My local shop is also the best range we have in any drivable distance. Took it from the shop to the range, wiped the grease off with a paper towel and loaded a magazine up.

Right away, I fell in love.

I've been shooting guns for a couple years now, and consider myself an okay shot with long guns and always felt that I should be a better pistol shooter considering the thousands of rounds I've shot but just could never shoot that well. I've always been embarassed by my shooting even though I've practiced the fundamentals and have really put forth an effort in getting better. I usually pack with me to the range my Glock 19, with all the fixin's to make it 'better' and I still shoot it like crap. I shoot my tiny little Kahr CM9 better than the Glock, even.

Well, first magazine at 7 yards at a 12"X18" miniature silhouette target and had good tight groups. I was shooting a little left, but this was corrected later. Right away I was shooting much better than my Glock 19 w/ a Ghost 3.5lb trigger kit.

Later took it to the 'long' pistol range. It goes to 75 yards and has steel targets and a car (yes, a car) to shoot at. I started at about 10-15 yards and was ringing steel consistently, something I just couldn't do reliably before.

I got brave and started backing up further and further... Ping! Ping! *hit dirt* Ping, Ping! Ping! *hit dirt* Ping! at 35~ yards.

Guys, I'm not BSing you when I say I hit a 12X18 steel plate at about 65 yards.. twice. It was my last 5 rounds and 2 of the 5 hit the fn steel at that distance. The front sight covered the target entirely. I felt like Hickok45 for a brief moment.

I've never done that before.

This thing FN shoots.

Put about 230 rounds down the pipe today. Did a couple rapid fire mag dumps, shot one handed, left handed, did a lot of double taps on steel. I figured I'd have a malfunction or two since it's still a bit greasy from the factory and it hasn't been "broken in" yet but jeeze guys. I get it now. I get the hype.

I think I hate Glocks now.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    OMG!! i'm truly struggling to keep myself from getting the boot. CZ,Glock,1911's Are all great handguns!! Keep your Glocks you may need them some day.

I was a Glock fan for along time, sold them and bought darn near every other brand and type out thr (YES CZ TOO) I've since come to the conclusion that Glocks are a FINE firearm that WORK. CZ makes great firearms that WORK! 1911's are just OUTSTANDING!

You'll come full circle and be back to square 1. I've realized i should have just kept all the handguns I've sold. Whatever you do buy the best you can afford AND KEEP THEM!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    OMG!! i'm truly struggling to keep myself from getting the boot. CZ,Glock,1911's Are all great handguns!! Keep your Glocks you may need them some day.

I was a Glock fan for along time, sold them and bought darn near every other brand and type out thr (YES CZ TOO) I've since come to the conclusion that Glocks are a FINE firearm that WORK. CZ makes great firearms that WORK! 1911's are just OUTSTANDING!

You'll come full circle and be back to square 1. I've realized i should have just kept all the handguns I've sold. Whatever you do buy the best you can afford AND KEEP THEM!!

This. I've owned 3 Glock 23's, a Glock 30, and 2 Glock 27's. All long gone in favor of the M&P platform for the past 5 years.

...I still secretly want to pick up a G19 sometimes just because everyone should own one.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I didn't hear about that one.

I wasn't the only one. It was stage 2 of the distance comp. Once we finished with the long guns at 200yds, we played with pistols for a bit be for moving the targets out to 500ish.

Pretty sure KJ hit it several times with an HK and of course his MPX, which I believe was still a pistol at the time. Jagee hit it with his M&P. CM probably would have hit it if a 45 would go that far :). I think we calculated that he would have to aim like 15ft over the target and send it in like a mortar.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Trust me when I tell you CZ is a true sickness. I got a 75b first then a sp-01 shadow then a all steel compact then a 75 shadow the sad thing I never traded in any of my CZ's did trade in 2 glocks and one SA but will never get rid of my CZ's. so welcome to this crazy wild fun CZ crazy experience

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I got rid of my two Glocks over a decade ago and have never regretted it. I just found that most everything else I shot, I shot better.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm pretty sure that I found the answer, and it sounds like you did too.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    once they release a real pistol I'll be getting one for sure :) and by real I mean a striker fired set up. Hopefulley it hits the streets soon and then maybe then I'll drop my glocks!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wasn't the only one. It was stage 2 of the distance comp. Once we finished with the long guns at 200yds, we played with pistols for a bit be for moving the targets out to 500ish.

Pretty sure KJ hit it several times with an HK and of course his MPX, which I believe was still a pistol at the time. Jagee hit it with his M&P. CM probably would have hit it if a 45 would go that far :). I think we calculated that he would have to aim like 15ft over the target and send it in like a mortar.
    :lmfao:

Top Bottom