• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    What would be some good modifications to do to my Glock 26 Gen 3?

Thanks,
    If this is being used as a carry gun, I wouldn't exactly recommend making major modifications. The only modification I made to mine was a stipple job, accelerator cuts (angled thumb/finger ledges of indexing), polished the trigger bar and connector. For functional purposes, could add forward serrations. I do absolutely recommend a set of good night sights. My preference is the Trijicon HD Night Sights.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    For my carry Glocks the only mods I make are (In order of importance):
    New Sights
    Grip Tape/Stippling
    3.5 pound connector
    gripforce adapter (beavertail)

For a range gun I go to town with whatever crazy mods i want to try.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Millions of opinions of course...but other than night sights, I like them pretty much as is. Instead of modifications right off the get-go...I'd spend the extra $$ on 1,000 rds of ammo and let range time determine what if anything I wanted/needed to change. Thats just me...

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    My carry G-locks get polishing, a Ghost edge connector, 6lb trigger spring (as long as the trigger safety works, if not the factory spring goes back in), and Hackathorn sights. If it's a Gen3 then it gets stippled too. Gen4 no need for stippling

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The first thing I do to my Glocks is get rid of the OEM plastic sights and install some form of night sights then polish and deburr all the internals. Most Glocks are good to go past that point. I tend to go farther on my personal Glocks, but I have shot Glocks since the early 1990's, so I know how I want mine. All my Glocks are pretty much modded identical so no matter which one I pick up, the trigger pull and controls are all the same.
    If I were starting out with Glocks again, I would buy the Gen 4's, install night sights, polish the feed ramp and all the internals and buy a bunch of mags and ammo. Then I would go take some training, join GSSF and IDPA and shoot the gun at the range and competition every chance I got.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The essential changes to a stock gen 3 Glock are sights, connector and Talon grips. Other than that I don't find it necessary. I really wanted to trick out my G19 gen 4 but the more that I shoot it with minimal changes the more I'm impress how well I can shoot it, I don't have money to waste so every change I make to any firearm has to have a real benefit or its not done. I'm learning that less is more and more important to me is learning to be a better shooter is more important than the hardware.

gunman45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    indianapolis
    The essential changes to a stock gen 3 Glock are sights, connector and Talon grips. Other than that I don't find it necessary. I really wanted to trick out my G19 gen 4 but the more that I shoot it with minimal changes the more I'm impress how well I can shoot it, I don't have money to waste so every change I make to any firearm has to have a real benefit or its not done. I'm learning that less is more and more important to me is learning to be a better shooter is more important than the hardware.

Would you recommend I put Talon grips on my Glock 19 Gen 4 since the grips are already a RTG for the gen 4?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    glock's idea of "rough texture" and mine are world's apart. plus glock leaves the most important part of the grip, the high part between the slide and mag release, smooth as a baby's ---.

-rvb

Top Bottom