• ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Hello,

I just sold a couple of guns, so I'm now in the market to get a new one.

Does anyone know of any great deals or promotions going on right now either on-line or at an Indianapolis area dealer.

I think I want to get a .45 (and have a couple good deals I'm looking at), but I'm open to any caliber, any brand and even a revolver. I probably want to stay in the sub $600 price range.

I know Smith and Wesson has a great deal on their MP pistols right now.

Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    Smith and Wesson has some GREAT rebates going on right now on a lot of their models. But you probably know if you know about the other offer :)

click here

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    RIA 1911 - $349
    SIG P6/226 - $259
    Nagant 1895 - $69.95
    Romanian Tok - $209
    Walther P5 - $379
    CZ-52 - $119
    Star Model B - $189
    CZ-82 - $199
    FEG Hi-Power - $319

Finna

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Lake County,Indiana
    If I was looking for a 1911 at that price range I would go for this.

Taurus1911.jpg
    :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    The Makarov Page - The CZ-52

Decocker - The CZ-52 safety has 3 "settings": fire (rotated all the way down), safe (horizontal, hammer stays back), and decock (rotate up, returns to "safe"). We already know that dry firing is no good, so it seems logical to use the decocker to drop the hammer. However, one reader found the following:

I had a negligent discharge at the range today, downrange and in the dirt fortunately, that scared the **** out of me, and need feedback from you. When I inspected the gun, I noticed that the upswing motion of the decocker actually raises the firing pin disengage (same action as having the trigger fully to the rear). I probably have a worn intercept notch, and it has enough 'play' to spank the firing pin hard enough to fire.

Indeed the decocker raises the firing pin disengage and what stops the hammer from falling appears to be an intercept notch. If this is worn, the firing pin plunger in the slide may or may not stop the firing pin from striking the primer when decocking. Other guns, such as the Makarov have a cam from the safety move directly in the hammer's way. We have yet to rip apart the pistol and determine what causes this. In the mean time please be careful about decocking the pistol with a round in the chamber and do not rely on this mechanism to safely decock the CZ-52!

I guess you could use it if you like ND'ing all over the place.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Smith and Wesson has some GREAT rebates going on right now on a lot of their models. But you probably know if you know about the other offer :)

click here

The rumor is that S&W is going to be doing an across-the-board 3% price increase soon. Also, the current rebate program ($50 and 2 free mags) is only until the end of April. From what I have heard, S&W is going to do a "summer rebate" special, but it might not be as good (ie $30 and one free mag) I dont' know these things for sure, however.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    i found my deal

Okay, I found one good deal this week. CDNN has FNP-9s (compact) for $299. I bought two. One for me and a matching one for my Dad.

I've heard great things about them, so for that price how can you say no. It could be my next carry weapon.

Anyone have one? I know that they don't have a lot of accessories out there for them. I want to find a nice IWB holster.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Used H&K P7 PSP squeeze cockers are being imported into this country at pretty decent prices............ Especially compared to what they fetched when new. EXCELLENT piece of machining, even used and with finish wear.

I have purchased one, will probably purchase another. Never know when the supply will dry up.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I know you've already purchased yours... but Bersa makes some good pistols for generally inexpensive. The Thunder series doesn't go above $400 from what I've seen. They're generally VERY solid pistols.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    That H&K P7 PSP is a sweet handgun. I have started seeing some good prices out there as well. I guarantee if you buy some of those up (in good shape) you'll make money off of them down the road.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    That H&K P7 PSP is a sweet handgun. I have started seeing some good prices out there as well. I guarantee if you buy some of those up (in good shape) you'll make money off of them down the road.

I tend to agree.............

I just bought another one. Mine are the grade "B" models, which are not as desirable, or expensive, I gather, as grade "A."

They seem like they have a lot of life left in them; I don't anticipate wearing them out.

One dealer on the net has some of the Grade B that have been hard-chromed and fitted with night sights.

Adds $300.00 to the price tag, however. So I passed.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Makarov Page - The CZ-52

I guess you could use it if you like ND'ing all over the place.

Test it at the range or stick a pencil down the barrel and try it. If the pencil moves, don't use it.

My old one's decocker works fine. However it is a SAO handgun, decocking it on a live round is sort of pointless as it would have to be cocked first to fire.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom