• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I saw this one on Gunbroker and just knew it was going to be mine :rockwoot:

Now I've got more Combat Masters than I know what to do with, and don't have 2 of the same thing because I collect them in all calibers, so this is keeping my streak of rare and unique Combat Masters alive. This gun is a factory built custom gun built for a Detonics executive as his personal firearm. It has no engraving on the slide to designate its model number, caliber or name, as production guns have. The finish is a Mark V finish, the sights are Mark VI and the grips are MC2 so its really just a strange hybrid. Honestly any good pistolsmith could put a gun together like this one, but I've got the paperwork to prove this is a factory gun, and the 'smith who built it is the top Detonics 'smith.

Thought you might like to take a peek:

pix242272890.jpg

pix242272828.jpg

pix242272937.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That's funny, the Detonics exec. didn't want his company name on his company pistol!

That's OK though, I had a custom Acura Integra in high school that had every identifying mark shaved off. Very clean.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That's funny, the Detonics exec. didn't want his company name on his company pistol!

Well actually the company name is required by law, so the name, city and serial number are the only thing on the gun. It was the model designation, caliber and model name that exist on production guns, those things were eliminated from this gun. Then various components from various models were included in the gun which further sets this piece apart from any production model.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    melensdad how many Combat Masters do you have in the safe now?? (or maybe you shouldn't say if your wife reads INGO!)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    melensdad how many Combat Masters do you have in the safe now?? (or maybe you shouldn't say if your wife reads INGO!)
    Uh . . . umm . . . I'm shopping for another safe.

They all look the same, right?:)

Within any given model, I may have the gun in multiple calibers, so those guns would look the same save for the size of the hole when you look down the muzzle and a caliber designation engraved on the slide.

But some models are blued carbon steel while with the all stainless models, some are mat finish, some are satin finish and some are bi-tone mat & polished. So while all are the same gun, the different models have their own distinct appearance.

Top Bottom