• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The current M&P rebate program from Smith and Wesson (2 free mags and $50 MIR) is ending at the end of this month.

They are going to be doing a "Hot Summer Special" program from May 15 - August 15 but it is not going to be near as good ($30 MIR OR 2 free mags).

Still a decent deal but not near as good, so if anyone is on the fence about buying any M&P pistol I suggest you do it now :thumbsup:

Here is the link for the new rebate program:
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/SW_Q1_PromoCoupon.pdf

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Rebates for the Spring Promo have to be post-marked by May 15th. I'm glad I got in on the deal for my M&P 9 as well. I got the $50 rebate check and sold the 2 mags for $70 so I saved $120 on the gun total. Good deal.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    No more rebate? .....Hmm

So how are the buyers going to pay for shipping back to the factory now?:rolleyesedit:

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They don't have to worry about that, S&W sends a pre-paid overnight label to ship with. :thumbsup:

As usual Glock fanboyism knows no bounds... :ugh:

Well after many Glocks with no problems, why try anything else???....but I did try the MP - AKA Sigma all over again....twice in fact....and both times had issues, just took them back to my dealer - waste of time, waste of money:n00b: IMO - but YMMV

Now HK...or Sig on the other hand.....they're good to go:):

Smith and Wesson should stick to revolvers

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Well after many Glocks with no problems, why try anything else???....but I did try the MP - AKA Sigma all over again....twice in fact....and both times had issues, just took them back to my dealer - waste of time, waste of money:n00b: IMO - but YMMV

Now HK...or Sig on the other hand.....they're good to go:):

Smith and Wesson should stick to revolvers

I'm glad Glocks work for you. I happen to like Glocks as well, I still have my trusty old Glock 21 .45 cannon that I keep in the house for defense. :)

My point is that this thread was not created to have a M&P vs Glock debate, there seems to be 100 other threads for that kind of nonsense. I made this thread for informative purposes for people who might be interested in purchasing an M&P so please don't turn it into another endless fanboy debate.

Last edited:

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Blah blah blah. Glock vs. MP vs. XD vs. Sig vs. HK.

Seems like anyone with Glock in their username never has luck with any other type of pistol and every other brand has problems repeatedly when taken to the range.

I'm sure the same goes for people that have Smith and Wesson in their username or XD :)

I will say, the MP is not a Sigma. I've had one for several months now and honestly think it out-shoots glocks that I have had. However, I would trust a glock over an MP to carry because glocks are proven and time tested and the verdict is still out on the MP.

The point of this thread was to let everyone know that you can get one heck of a deal on an MP right now with their rebate promotion.

Please don't reply with "Glocks don't need rebates or promotions to sell"

IMHO

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    me too

Westsider,

I have a fullsize MP9 and I love it as well. It has been a great gun with zero problems and is very accurate.

There is a guy on the mp-pistol forum that makes custom backstraps for the MPs. I bought a crockskin large backstrap (for $16) and really like the grip it added.

Sorry about hijacking your thread earlier. I'm just not a big fan of gun bashing on these forums, especially when your thread was just to provide our members info on the SW promo.

I can't wait to try the MP45. I am still debating whether or not to get one with the promo ending.

Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    I can't wait to try the MP45. I am still debating whether or not to get one with the promo ending.

You have 48hrs to make your decision :) I would like to shoot an M&P to see the differences btwn my Sigma and it. I'm sure it's like night and day.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Sigma vs. MP

They are totally different guns with very few similarities.

I've shot my friends Sigma and it shot great. I know that they get a lot of bad press, but my hands on experience with one went well.

The MP has better ergonomics in the grip and the trigger is much much smoother and lighter.

You'll like the MP better, but it's not night and day.

I almost bought an MP45 yesterday before the promo ran out, but it didn't work out.

With the recent promos, Sigmas were $250 and MPs were $350. I'd spend the $100 more to get the MP, but not much more than that.

Now that the promo had ended I'll be curious to see what the street price is for both. I know that Smith and Wesson has sold a record number of MPs and their stock price has benefited from it.

Corn-boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Bronsonbull,

Where is this famed MP-Pistol forum? I recently purchased a .40 and would like to join. I'm still waiting on my rebate/mags though. :)~

Also received my CCW license in the mail last Friday. It is amazing how gun friendly and easy it was to get a license in Indiana.

Top Bottom