• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    GOOD QUESTION. If you have enough room one of those would be great. I've got a different brand that is very similar and it is way too big to mount anywhere in my passenger area of my SUV. I could mount it in the back but I'd prefer that if I have to disarm that I don't have to do it outside of the vehicle. I've not found any solution for my vehicle (VW Touareg). To complicate the issue, I regularly have 4 people in the vehicle so I can't simply floor mount it to the floor behind the driver's seat in the footwell.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I have one of these:

In Car Gun Safe

It is reasonably secure against a smash and grab, and is very easy to slip underneath the seat unseen. It also doubles as a secure locking airline container per TSA, so it comes in very handy when i'm flying all over the place.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm seriously looking at those center-of-mass ones. Nothing else out there seems to be small enough to slip under the seat of a coupe/sedan. The flight usage could come in handy for me, too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . to slip under the seat of a . . .
    Ideally it should bolted through the floor so it does not slip/slide anywhere.

I don't have one of those, mine is similar to the safe in the first post, but mine has a plate that, if use in a vehicle, allows the plate to be bolted to the floor. Open the safe and you can flip a few toggles and the safe lifts off of the mounting plate. It allows you to take the safe with you. If you buy extra mounting plates you can take the safe from car to car and even inside you home and simply lock the whole safe into place at every location where you mounted the plate. It takes about 10 seconds to flip the toggles and remove the safe, but the safe has to be opened to do this, so it is pretty secure.

I don't see the point of having a locking box that is simply hidden under the seat, a thief will just take the whole box with him.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I believe the center-of-mass units come with a steel cable that goes around the seat brackets. So you could have the box only after you removed the seat.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I have a toyota t100, backseat is a bench seat, lifts up... there is a compartment that opens up that holds the jack and some other stuff. The few times I've had to, I've wrapped it in a shop rag and stored it in there for the few minutes it needed to be away from me.

Top Bottom