• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • younggun21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Saw what looked like a 226 labeled "homeland defender / security etc." at Gander used for $999! The gun had the label in gold on the slide as well as a bar code. Never seen or heard of this model. Anyone have any info on it? Is it worth a grand?

... just found this on it...

SIGARMS DAK

still not sure on price though...

-K

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If you want to look really cool... Ya it's probably worth $999 :n00b:

Saw what looked like a 226 labeled "homeland defender / security etc." at Gander used for $999! The gun had the label in gold on the slide as well as a bar code. Never seen or heard of this model. Anyone have any info on it? Is it worth a grand?

SIGARMS DAK

-K

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

SIGARMS DAK

-K
    In a word, NO! ( being a sig it is probably a good weapon but not worth $999 used)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Used? for $999? and it looks like a 226? with a fancy label on it?
    That's $150 more than I paid for my plain ol' joe shmo brand spankin' new P226, and it came with two extra mags for a total of 4 mags. You might pay extra for the new DAK version where I believe mine is a DAO... but seriously, if the label is all that makes it different... *shrug*

younggun21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Used? for $999? and it looks like a 226? with a fancy label on it?

i thought it was bogus. It is gander though so I always figure that a gun is worth at least 10-20% less than what they are asking. It was a nice looking piece, not really beat up at all, but that was just window shopping without a closer inspection.

Why are ya'll up so late? I mean I've got finals this week but what keeps you up on a monday?

-K

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Sig had a homeland security model that was a limited production run of 1000 firearms.

It's just a P229 DAK (their special double action only trigger... lots of Glock shooters like the DAK) with special engraving.

If you're a collector, and it's New in Box, it might be worth something. I certainly wouldn't pay that much for it.

Pami paid $880 for her shiny new P226R with the Fiber/Tritium Front sight, Tritium rear sights, 2 15 round, and 2 18 round mags to put perspective on cost.

J

jerbur6

i paid 750 for a nib 229r in feb. no shiny label but mosquitos grab thier package when they fly by.

Top Bottom