• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Having leaned towards 1911's for 30 years or so, the XD9 was different....... not at all unpleasant, just different.
    icon_neutral.gif

Shot 500 rounds, without any malfunctions of any kind. The trigger took some getting used to, but I adjusted well, for an old fart with trifocals.
    icon_eek.gif

This was one of the later targets shot at 25 feet from a modified Weaver stance. (16 rounds) ....uh, the quarter is not hiding any holes .....
    icon_wink.gif

first%20target.jpg

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Just from a grip standpoint, this is the polymer gun that feels most like a 1911 to me. Maybe the safety puts that thought in my head.

Jay, is it a keeper for you?

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    At this point, I'll keep it. :thumbsup: I doubt if my mentality would allow me to carry it, as many years of 1911 carry, would be hard to change at my age. I'll use it in the classes I teach, and since I reload for it, it'll be cheaper to plink with. The grip doesn't bother me, but as I said, it's just different.

I'm trying to get my hands on a CZ 75B SA, as it has the thumb safety like a 1911. maybe I'll find one at the 1500.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    No thumb safety.... I looked at 'em and wasn't impressed.... but that's just me......... what do I know ? :D

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I had a XD40, got fir of it due to it being an oddbal in my gun safe (the only .40 I had) I want to get a XD9. The XD's are great pistols.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've got the XD45 and shoot it very well. I had some FTF the first 100 rounds or so, but it has been perfect ever since. Great gun for the price.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I've got the XD in both 9MM and 357 SIG. Love 'em both!!! The 9 is obliviously a bit cheaper to shoot!!! Even though I respect the Glock, I'd take an XD over one any day. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Top Bottom