• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I thought I'd share some photos of the PK380 along side the P22 for comparison of size and function. Overall, the two are very close in size with the PK380 being about a quarter inch longer and an eighth inch taller. The P22 slide is wider by a bit, but the PK380 has a wider grip.

They both feel very similar in the hand, but the PK380's wider grip makes it a bit more comfortable.

ry%3D400

The PK380 has a takedown lock forward of the takedown latch that requires a key to disassemble for cleaning. The PK380 also does not have a slide release on the left side (or anywhere for that matter) like the P22 does.
    ry%3D400

The PK380 seems to be recoil operated vs. the blowback operation of the P22 (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that).
    ry%3D400

I've only been able to put a handful of rounds through the PK380 and will give a decent range report once I get to give it a decent workout.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Really interested in a range report on the Walther PK380 when you do it. It looks to be a very interesting gun, that I'm leaning towards having my wife try out. From my understanding it is very easy on the recoil (one article I read compared it to shooting a .22). How much did you pay for it (if you don't mind me asking).

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The one I fondled, No offense to any PK380 owners, seriously!, felt really "cheap". It was relatively well finished, but the materials flexed pretty bad and felt really bad. The slide had THIN blue spots, to the point where it was a different, mottled color.

Compared to other .380s on the market, its pretty big, BUT, it is slim. The ergonomics are really cool, well balanced. Trigger, meh, but then again, its a .380, not a target gun. The P22 probably, IMHO, had a better trigger.

I have not fired one yet, probably won't. Not my cup of tea, but could maybe be a real boon to purse carriers (women, weirdos like me, etc... :D )

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    What are the odds of someone making a 9mm conversion barrel for this gun? Is that in the rhelm of possibility, ie physically possible? I like the P22 style/grip/etc, so one in 380 intrigues me but I would rather have a 9mm and save the 380 for pocket guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Really interested in a range report on the Walther PK380 when you do it. It looks to be a very interesting gun, that I'm leaning towards having my wife try out. From my understanding it is very easy on the recoil (one article I read compared it to shooting a .22). How much did you pay for it (if you don't mind me asking).

I picked it up for $319 off of Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. The few rounds I've been able to put through it to date supports the claim that it's recoil is more like a 9mm than my Bersa 380. I'll compare the two when I get my other 380 back from the shop.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The one I fondled, No offense to any PK380 owners, seriously!, felt really "cheap". It was relatively well finished, but the materials flexed pretty bad and felt really bad. The slide had THIN blue spots, to the point where it was a different, mottled color.

Compared to other .380s on the market, its pretty big, BUT, it is slim. The ergonomics are really cool, well balanced. Trigger, meh, but then again, its a .380, not a target gun. The P22 probably, IMHO, had a better trigger.

I have not fired one yet, probably won't. Not my cup of tea, but could maybe be a real boon to purse carriers (women, weirdos like me, etc... :D )

It does have a bit of a cheap feel to it. The P22 is tighter and rattles less when shaken, but it does feel good to hold. I've only put a handful of rounds through it so far and it does seem to shoot well. Time will tell though.

The P22 does have a better trigger feel, but the PK380 will probably improve with break in. I don't have a gauge, but I'd guess the 380 is a pound or two heavier than the P22. The P22 has around 800 rounds through it by now though and that is a pistol that got much better as the round count climbed.

When disassembled, they are very close to each other in build quality with the PK380 having a slight edge in construction. Assembled, the PK380 is a bit more loose than the P22 is though.

Top Bottom