Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Compact 9mm SA/DA pistol?

I know you guys are gonna hate me for posting this thread, but at least it'll be different from the other thousand with the absence of the striker-fired XD, Glock, or even SR9 suggestions. I am looking for a DA/SA compact (maybe even sub?) pistol. I'm not looking for pocket gun, mostly IWB. I'd like it to be 9mm, preferably DC only, but I can live with a safety.

The reason I am looking is because I have an IWB full-size and a pocket gun and I just kinda want something in between them. I don't mind going used. If you can post a normal price range for the pistol you suggest it would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Plinker
    I'm not thrilled with the Croatia made XD; it hasn't been around long enough for one thing. An SR9 or Taurus might fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman1989 View Post
    I'm not thrilled with the Croatia made XD; it hasn't been around long enough for one thing. An SR9 or Taurus might fit the bill.
    Says a Glock man. Anyways it has been around since 1999. It first started as the HS2000. Before Springfield bought the rights to it, and put their name on it. I have not shot, but picked up an FN the other day. It has a hammer, with the ability to decock. Local shop has them for $538. I forget what the mag capacity was though. Also you may want to look at a Tarurs 24/7. If you do not mind spending a bit more, I would also reccomend a CZ. Sorry I have not priced one in a while. However, Acme Sports is seymour has the 24/7's for around $400.

If cost isn't much of an issue, you could check out a HK USP 9c. Also, if you like 1911s you could look for a Springfield EMP in 9mm. The Taurus 24/7 isn't a bad shooter either.

Pick your favorite sized Sig. I carry a P228. Should be found for ~$550 pretty easily.
    If you are not content with your life as it is, you never will be.

CZ makes compact offerings... Can get a brand new one for the same price as a used Sig or HK.

Someone else mentioned the Springfield EMP 1911... It's only Single Action. Still quite small, but not the type of action you're looking for.

-J-

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Guy_77 View Post
    CZ makes compact offerings... Can get a brand new one for the same price as a used Sig or HK.
    While I am a huge fan of the CZ pistols, they don't really make a "compact" offering, their compact size frame is really very similar to a G19 or a Colt Commander. Take a look at this photo below. The compact G26 in the far lower right corner with a full size G17 above it. The compact CZ P01 variant in the lower center with a full size CZ above it. On the far left, for size comparison sake is a Ruger LCP (380acp) above a Detonics Combat Master (45acp).

Now look at this photo. A G26, a Taurus PT111 (both 9mm) compared to the compact Detonics Combat Master (45acp).

The parameters you specify practically scream SIG-Sauer P239 9mm.
    Pervasive government is an unholy god.

Proud member of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

+1, not that I've shot one but I like how they look and of course it's a Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by jamstutz View Post
    The parameters you specify practically scream SIG-Sauer P239 9mm.

Marksman
    Cant believe no one has suggested the S&W 3913

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast