• ...and so much more!
  • PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Absolutely beautiful pistol!

Sounds like a perfect option to me. :) Would proper ettiquette be to PM Karl to introduce myself?

I was checking Fords site to see which finish I like best. I'm leaning towards either bright chrome or black nickel. Decisions, decisions...

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Absolutely beautiful pistol!

Sounds like a perfect option to me. :) Would proper ettiquette be to PM Karl to introduce myself?

I was checking Fords site to see which finish I like best. I'm leaning towards either bright chrome or black nickel. Decisions, decisions...

Karl wont care if you IM him. He one of the good guys.

On my P7 I ordered the flats brushed and the rounds matte.

ETA: My opinion of bright chrome is it makes a gun look cheap. To flashy, but thats MY opinion. If you like it go for it.

Also you may want to call Fords. They usually have a long turn around time, but they do excellent work.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As posted in another thread, Karl is a bit out of pocket at the moment and his Gun Bunker is closed until further notice to new orders. Fortunately, however, you can ship any firearm you own to an FFL and they can ship it back to you, both via US Mail, I think.

If not, you can still ship it via Fed Ex or UPS. In all cases, as I recall, you must declare it to be a firearm, unloaded, It should be insured and I think the package must not have any indicator on the outside that it contains a firearm.

Needless to say, if you ship a firearm with ammunition, you will very shortly thereafter be paid a visit by Officer Unfriendly.

Check with whichever you choose as a shipping carrier to determine the requirements.

Blessings,
    B

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Wait for Karl.

It will be expensive to ship a handgun UPS or FedEx. I have shipped a few and depending on where its going the price has been almost $70 to ship. This is due to the carrier requiring it to be shipped overnight air.

You cant ship it USPS unless you are an FFL. Well you could, but if something happens to it then you are SOL.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wait for Karl.

It will be expensive to ship a handgun UPS or FedEx. I have shipped a few and depending on where its going the price has been almost $70 to ship. This is due to the carrier requiring it to be shipped overnight air.

You cant ship it USPS unless you are an FFL. Well you could, but if something happens to it then you are SOL.

I thought as long as it was going TO a FFL, it could go USPS. Maybe not. I haven't checked on this.

Blessings,
    B

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    I thought as long as it was going TO a FFL, it could go USPS. Maybe not. I haven't checked on this.

Blessings,
    B

Yea you can ship it USPS, but only if you dont tell them what it is. To do it the right way it has to be shipped by an FFL dealer.

ATF Online - Firearms FAQs

(B7) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?[Back]
    A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
    [18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? [Back]
    A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

Top Bottom