• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I am going to be picking up a little .380 for the wifey and I plan to shoot it some too. ANY suggestions, which of the 2 would you recommend and why?
    I know the Sig is higher priced and easier to find, but anything other than the obvious would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    If the LCP is anything like the Kel-Tec P3at, then I would suggest the Sig. Unless it is for defense only, and you don't want to have fun with it at the range.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Don't own either, but am looking for an LCP whenever I can actually find one. The 232 is a pretty big gun if you have not held one yet, I'd think you could find a 9mm in the same size, hence my decision to get a trur pocket gun, the LCP.

You needs may vary but that is my thinking. Also check out the Bersa .380, it compares nicely to the Sig and is more LCP in price.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    If the LCP is anything like the Kel-Tec P3at, then I would suggest the Sig. Unless it is for defense only, and you don't want to have fun with it at the range.

I just want her to have a reliable safe shooter that she can carry and I might plink around it with some too.
    She has small hands so I was kinda leaning toward the Ruger LCP, but I know the Sig is reliable, but bigger.

Don't own either, but am looking for an LCP whenever I can actually find one. The 232 is a pretty big gun if you have not held one yet, I'd think you could find a 9mm in the same size, hence my decision to get a trur pocket gun, the LCP.

You needs may vary but that is my thinking. Also check out the Bersa .380, it compares nicely to the Sig and is more LCP in price.

There are some LCP's on gunbroker.com in the 325.00-350.00 range.
    I am going to go down to Bedford to the Fairgrounds this weekend there is a little gun show scheduled to see what kind of prices they have.

But I am not in a big hurry, so if I wait until next month at the Indy 1500 that would be OK too.

Thanks for the input!

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I just want her to have a reliable safe shooter that she can carry and I might plink around it with some too.
    She has small hands so I was kinda leaning toward the Ruger LCP, but I know the Sig is reliable, but bigger.
    I only said that because the Kel-Tec isn't a whole lot of fun to shoot at the range. The Sig, on the other hand, would be a little more bearable to shoot at the range, if you were just wanting to shoot around.

Xring

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I own a P230SL, outstanding pistol in all respects. Some would argue the European mag release at the bottom of the grip is a detriment, not bad once you get used to it.
    I don't believe the Ruger LCP was intended as a primary defense pistol. For my money I'd go with the Bersa .380. Its as good as the Sig and you'll save some bucks. I've had the opportunity to shoot a few and I always come away impressed. I've never met anyone who wasn't very pleased with the Bersa, and that includes ladies.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I am going to be picking up a little .380 for the wifey and I plan to shoot it some too. ANY suggestions, which of the 2 would you recommend and why?
    I know the Sig is higher priced and easier to find, but anything other than the obvious would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Check out these links, all the info you are looking for

RUGERFORUM.NET - Powered by vBulletin
    RugerForum.com

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If you are considering the SIG 232, you could actually own a 9mm Kahr PM9 that is roughly the same size. Better firepower.

But, the LCP sure is small.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I went I saw I held I bought..................
    the Ruger LCP. There is NO DOUBT whatsoever the best 380 I have seen is the Sig P232, but for what this gun is for, it is just a little too big. The Bersa 380 looked nearly as good, and for the difference in money it looked great!
    But in the end, this little gun is going in my wife's purse (or my pocket) and this is the only one that "fit" that bill.
    Speaking of bill, I picked it up for $300.00 TAXES INCLUDED! So I just couldn't resist!
    Here are a couple of pics of the little thing.
    dscn0128rv2.jpg

dscn0129ps9.jpg

Top Bottom