Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

.380 Compact pistols

Hey, I just recieved my AMERICAN RIFLEMAN magazine, in the mail, on pg. 47, they test 9 new .380 acp, small pistols..... very interesting reading...the RUGER LCP is the 3rd cheapest, and shot the 2nd tightest group, 4.9" @ 25 yds. Pretty impressive !!!!!
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Certified Glock Nut
    I couldn't believe that, a nine-way test of .380 pistols, and there's 2 or 3 more new designs slated to come out later this year! Just goes to show how popular that caliber has become in recent years.

Now if only we could get ammo...

It's sad but the only .380 I've shot is my dad's Davis Industries.....needless to say I don't like it. I would however like to try a P3AT, LCP, Bersa, or Kahr.
    Do not "skid and skedaddle", if proper tools are at your disposal.

i want to know how much they spent on ammo to do the test!!!! and where they found it

Expert
    I read the article, and, as I am sure many of us did, lusted over some designs. But what struck me was the number of various failures. All but one had some failure. They kind of Poo-Pooed it, as things needing a break in period, but I still was surprised at the failure rate within the first couple hundred rounds. I have purchased only two pistols so far,and both ran flawlessly from the Git-Go. Am I just lucky?Perhaps expecting too much from the technology that produces our handguns?
    "Son, never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person"

Quote Originally Posted by schafe View Post
    I read the article, and, as I am sure many of us did, lusted over some designs. But what struck me was the number of various failures. All but one had some failure. They kind of Poo-Pooed it, as things needing a break in period, but I still was surprised at the failure rate within the first couple hundred rounds. I have purchased only two pistols so far,and both ran flawlessly from the Git-Go. Am I just lucky?Perhaps expecting too much from the technology that produces our handguns?
    How long ago did you purchase the guns???? My S&W, & Ruger's worked flawlessly, out of the box... But I purchased some years ago... two of my smiths were purchased used... My 2 Ruger 10/22 were 40th Anniv.. edition purchased new...
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

I have a Colt Mustang Pocketlite....Have had it for about 10 years and have shot it off and on...I have put maybe 75 rounds through it and get stove pipes about every 8 to 10 rounds...especially with Corbon hollow points...sill fun to shoot and I am trying to shoot it more to break it in...Look forward to reading the article.

Expert
    The handguns I bought were modern, new in the box,different manufacturers,(Taurus, Springfield compacts) less than a year ago, both having about 500 rds thru them now.They are both carry guns and I try to practice often. They are 9mm compacts,rather than 380's.But, I wouldn't think that would be a factor.
    "Son, never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person"

Buy a lottery ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by schafe View Post
    I'd say you are lucky. Buy enough pistols and you will eventually have a problem with one out of the gate. I have not had many problems or major problems (mainly FTE or FTF during the first 50 rounds or so) but they are machines and are not perfect. The manufacturers always took care of my problems and I am happy with all my toys. No matter what the brand, model or price a bad one gets by once in a while. The most frequent cause of failure of a new firearm is failure to thoroughly clean and lubricate before break-in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In memory of our son PFC (LB) 4/17/2007 Baghdad, Iraq.

For many of us, every day is Memorial Day

Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Proof of this occurred on 11/6/2012.

Those not willing to stand behind our troops in defense of our freedom are welcome to stand in front of them.

Plinker
    haven't had a chance to read yet but thinking about getting the sig 238. was it in the test and how did it rate.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast