• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Anybody use these, know anyone that does, or know anything about them?

Took a look at them at Big R today, mildly interested in the EAA EZ 9, might actually be more than mildly interested in the ATI HP9, depending on what I can find out about them.

Judging by what the slide said, right now I'm guessing the ATI gun is built in Turkey. There are some awfully fine guns being built there, at good prices. The ATI is on sale for $299. Couldn't take it down in the store, but from what I could see with the slide back, it actually looks to be decently made. Nice, even finish, no tooling marks to be seen anywhere, including the underside of the slide. They've got a sign on it that says Hipower Clone, but it surely isn't. The slide looks kind of like a HP slide, but that's about it. It's double action, single action was light and crisp once the usual DA/SA semi-auto slack it taken up. Double action felt pretty smooth, kind of heavy but not to much so. Trigger reach was good for my average sized (at best) hand. Safety, trigger, and trigger bar are reminiscent of the 92FS. Safety felt very postive, no sloppiness, trigger and trigger bar felt like plastic, which is used to good effect on plenty of other guns. Sights were decent. Grip is a little long, about as long as that on the XDm, might be better off carrying Cathy's 1911 if I have a need to carry really for real concealed. Like I said, I'm interested if I can find out good things about it, and about things like mag availability. I'm guessing nylon holsters would be a necessity until I could catch Raven Concealment at the next 1500 if I went this route.

The EAA EZ9 looks like a fairly close copy of the Sig 226 with a light rail on the frame., but rougher of course. It's on sale for $379, not as well finished as the ATI gun, the underside of the slide showed quite a bit of tooling marks. I'm wondering if it can accept 226 magazines. I'm wondering if it would work in some 226 holsters.

Like I said, if anyone has any actual experience with these guns, especially regarding reliability and accuracy I'd be interested in hearing about them. "Save up and buy a Glock" posts won't be particularly helpful, though :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The EAA EZ9 looks like a fairly close copy of the Sig 226 with a light rail on the frame., but rougher of course.

The EZ9 is an updating of the Zastava CZ99, which has been around in various guises since the mid-1990s. It is pretty much identical to the SIG P226 in terms of dimensions, and features an odd ambidextrous combination slide release/decocking lever and ambi mag release. I have not read anything that states P226 mags will work.

Feature: EAA's EZ9 Auto

For those who may not be familiar with them:
    3038008875_f3a8f93cf5.jpg

ATI HP9

Zastava9MM-08.png

EAA/Zastava EZ9

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The EZ9 is an updating of the Zastava CZ99, which has been around in various guises since the mid-1990s. It is pretty much identical to the SIG P226 in terms of dimensions, and features an odd ambidextrous combination slide release/decocking lever and ambi mag release. I have not read anything that states P226 mags will work.

Feature: EAA's EZ9 Auto

I fumbled around a bit looking for the slide lock, until I decided to just try the decocking lever LOL. It works well, I think I actually like that idea better than Sigs.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, after some quick research I really don't seen anything that would make me prefer these to the SR9 or RIA 1911 for roughly the same price. What I found said the guns work ok, but it seems to me mags, parts, holsters, etc., would be a real pain in the rear.

Top Bottom