• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Also, a quick bit of Googling found a similar gun with this description:

The H&A 'safety police' model was their last and best top break revolver manufactured between early 1900's (about 1905) and 1917. it uses a patented double action mechanism that keeps the hammer away from the firing pin until the trigger is pulled (almost as good as iver johnson's 'hammer the hammer'). the only problem is there is no indication that H&A ever manufactured any of their revolvers for smokeless powder cartridge pressures. this is not a revolver i would fire with modern smokeless ammo regardless of its condition. in fact to keep it in its present condition it would be best to retire it.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    My dad traded for one of these when he was a kid.
    He carried it everywhere, and shot it when he had a little money for ammo. Yep. Kids carried guns back then. [He was born in 1917]

He said his was loose as a goose, sprayed lead shavings, and even as young boy thought it pretty dangerous.

So................ He traded it to some other little kid!

Hang it on the wall or throw it in the drawer.

They were a cheap handgun, even for their day........................

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I can't find your model in my reference books but some other Hoppkins and Allen revolvers bring around $1000, depending on condition. Others only a couple of hundred. Might be worth having someone with experiance in collection take a look at it. Don't shoot it! H&A seems to have gone away before 1900 so it is not designed for smokeless powder.

Top Bottom