• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • butchern1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    where has eezox been my whole life....in Iraq...and on the range. i love this stuff, the guy recommended for me to buy it and i owe him big time. i come from the marine corps background however and i have always been tought clp as a lube, i am excited about the way this stuff cleans but i am not sure about using it as a lube???? opinions appreciated, and also any other drawbacks or benefits to using this product.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    I love the stuff. I, like you, wonder about it as a lube.

It does clean well and once it dries its still protecting the metal.

Good cleaner and protectant, but lube I just don't know. I havent noticed any unusual wear so it must be doing something.
    Was it Harry that recommended it? He showed me a pocket pistol that hes carried for lots of years that was 100% rust free. He said it was from using just eezox.

ETA: I have refinished a lot of firearms and this stuff is great right after bluing.

From the eezox website:

The scientific method of testing the "load factor" or "reduction of friction" of a lubricant is done with a Falex Testing Instrument. The pressures are increased under controlled conditions and measured by special monitoring devices. EEZOX® extends the life of operating mechanisms.

Synthetic EEZOX® Premium Gun Care with only 0.42 - 0.45 mil film thickness achieved a Peak Load "pass" of 4,500 lbs. This load factor far exceeds pressures found in any firearm, including full automatic machine guns. Falex tested by ASTM D-3233 procedures (Mil Spec requires only 1,000 lbs.)

Last edited:

butchern1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    yeah it was harry, i told my wife i just couldn't believe i was done cleaning my gun that fast and so i cleaned it again. it will def. blow your mind as a cleaner

Top Bottom