• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Jackson County
    Ok, surely someone in this gathering of firearm intellects can place some posts concerning the pro, cons of a Daewoo DH 40/40 s+w. I am buying one from a friend who needs the $$, about 200 of them. He has only shot 30 - 40 rounds. I have found that it is Korean, but read somewhere that it was exported or imported by Kimber. Assembled in Korea. Open knowledge or experience if you can share.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Daewoo_DP51.jpg

Good buy @ $200.

Similar size/weight as a S&W 5906. Has a unique "tri-action" design that allows normal DA or SA operation, or the hammer can be pushed forward after cocking for a long but light DA first pull. Imported by Kimber. The DP51 is the 9mm equivalent and was (maybe still is) the official sidearm of the S. Korean military. Compatible magazines, holsters and manuals can be found online.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    at 200.00 i will say congrats on a good deal. i do not have any experience firing one, but i have handled a few and they seem pretty well made. when you get it please let us know how your first range trip goes. congrats and enjoy.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Had one when they first came out, had alot of light hammer strikes and ftf's. Sent it in to be worked on two times then traded it for something that worked and never looked back. Like I say, this was years ago when they first came out so maybe they work ok now. I wouldn't carry one for a life saver but for $200 it's worth buying.

Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    Daewoo hp 40 shooting review

Only shot perhaps 30 rounds today using a friends ( US Army retired) gun. He had 30 plus years in and couldn't say enough positive about the gun. I found it a little heavy, like some of the older CZs but easy to handle and keep on target. I'm not a major gun nut so my experience is limited to a few Glocks, Smiths, Rugers, Bersas and a Colt or two and an older CZ82. I found the recoil very light for a 40 cal and the sight line good although night sites would have been better. I have some experience with Glock, Smith and Bersa 40s and this seemed at least in my hand to have been very comparable if not better. When you throw in the price the Daewoo could be a great buy.

Just my thoughts

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I had one and used it as my everyday carry for over a year. Mine was extremely reliable, had a very nice trigger and was very accurate. From my understanding these were used by the Korean military, an I can see why a very nice pistol that seems to be well made. Only real downside to it, is that if it breaks you pretty much have a paperweight, cause there is liitle to no replacment parts for them and extra magazines are crazy expensive upwards of $45-60 a piece, providing you can even find them. But over all if you can get it for cheap and its in good condition, get it there a nice pistol.

Top Bottom