• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Does anyone here have any opinions on the baby eagle, I was looking at one yesterday and held one, I liked the way it felt but dont knowmuch about them, I believe it was a 40 cal

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    I really think anything magnum research is all just hype... the desert eagle nearly breaks your arms if you fire it... baby eagle is just carrying on the trend... Dont get me wrong it might be a great gun but I dont know I never fired a baby eagle

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I used to own a M.R. Baby Eagle full sized polymer frame in 9mm. I like the gun but wasn't a fan of the full sized so I sold it on the boards here. The Baby Eagle has no commonality between the Desert Eagle other then name.

I believe the Baby Eagles are similar to the EAA Witness and some of the CZ in frame type but don't quote me on that.

Here is a picture of the Baby Eagle I used to own.

picture.php

Baby Eagles were once imported by Magnum Research but recently switched to Charles Daley under the name of Jericho. Now that Charles Daley has gone under I'm not sure who is importing them.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    the one I held looks identival to that one, I used to have two 44 mag desert eagles I bought for $500 a piece, It was fun to shoot but way to big to carry, the baby eagle has a really fair price I just dont know much about them

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes iamaclone is correct: they are based on the CZ75 design. So you could do well for the right price.

The all steel ones can use the same mags as the Witness Steel and other brands - possibly even CZ mags, but I can't say for certain.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    the price is definately right on the one I found, If I get it and dont like it I could make money off of it, but Im lookin for a nice gun to carry and am really interested in this one, thanks for all of the help

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a Jericho 941 in .45 ACP. I love it. The Jericho is manufactured by IMI. I prefer the name "Jericho" to "Baby Eagle", because the Jericho really doesn't have much in common with the Eagle (I have one of those, too) except that they are both pistols.

I have the all metal version of the Jericho; there is also a polymer version. Steel gun throwing .45s is smooth. Bradis had a small selection of Jericho's, last time I was there.

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    I shoot an IWI jericho 941 in .45 acp. It is very accurate.... very accurate for me but it is a large frame gun with a good weight. I have big hands and the jericho fits me perfect. I have better results with the jericho than I did with a Colt 80 series 1911.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Very nice handguns. It is my EDC. I have the semi-compact in polymer 9mm. The full steel version is very heavy and I would recommend the poly if you plan to carry it.

These new generation I have little experience with, but the Magnum Research version that I have had a few bugs in it when I bought it new. It wouldn't eat 124gr anything. FMJ or HP. Mine loves 115gr FMJ and 147gr HP so that's what I feed it. I haven't tried 124gr since I had my failures with it, but those were the only failures I had with mine, ever. I've shot almost 1000rnds through mine with the only failures in the first couple hundred rounds. Again, all with 124gr.

If anyone would like to try mine out they're more than welcome to. I have a Kydex custom holster that I further customized by adding a velvet lining to so as to not rub the plastic down as it was doing before adding the velvet. It's made by Shark Tactical at the 1500 with lifetime warranty.

Here's what mine looks like together and torn down...

BabyEagle013.jpg

BabyEagle015.jpg

BabyEagle014.jpg

BabyEagle014.jpg

BabyEagle008.jpg

BabyEagle010.jpg

It's only negitive is that mags cost over $30 a pop. CZ75 mags WILL NOT WORK in the baby eagle. The EAA witness mags which are a little cheaper will work as I have one that I carry daily in mine. Do not buy promags. Meccgar mags are ok. I just prefer the original name brand mags as I have 4. The mags may claim 15rnd capacity, but will hold 17rnds.

These are very very nice guns, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I had a polymer framed 9mm baby eagle. Other than the weak spring, it was a good shooter. If I ever got another one, I would likely opt for the metal frame.

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    I have the Jericho in 9mm, full size steel and carry it nearly every day. Awesome shooter.
    I am looking for one in .45 and possibly another 9mm compact steel.

The aftermarket mag I have works in the Jericho, cz-75 and eaa witness.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have the Jericho in 9mm, full size steel and carry it nearly every day. Awesome shooter.
    I am looking for one in .45 and possibly another 9mm compact steel.

The aftermarket mag I have works in the Jericho, cz-75 and eaa witness.

Which brand mag? What brand was it made for? Cause I haven't found a cz75 mag that will work in a Jericho, but every jericho mag I've seen works fine in the CZ. :dunno:

Also, how can you stand to carry such a heavy pistol? The polymer is almost too much to carry everyday, but I do anyway. All day everyday.

Top Bottom