• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I saw them advertized on TV but never handled one until last night. Wasn't very impressed (large, heavy. Especially the 3" chamber) until the salesman handed me the new scaled-down "Public Defender". I quickly went from sceptical to "I gotta have one" real fast!

Taurus advertizes them as their CCW version of the Judge and I must admit, you could easily carry this one if you wanted to. I'm just going to use it as my in-house defense handgun loaded with a combo of 000 buck and .45 LC. Very solid.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I might try it but so far the Winchester ammo isn't doing too well in the Judge. Very inconsistent groupings seem to be the normal with it. The Federal 000 rounds designed for the Judge are bringing in very good reviews and tight groups.

I think this gun is going to have a very high "FUN" factor!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    i read somewhere that the .410 shells werent recomended for self defense

Maybe so but the .45 Long Colt in the next chamber will surely finish the job. ;)

The article was very informative but a few things were misleading. There are 3" inch chambered versions of the Judge so the statement that the Judge will only shoot 2.5" is wrong. The 2.5" Federals that I have contain 4, 000 buck not 3 as the article mentioned and a 3" grouping of those ball bearings delivered center mass or into the head isn't going to do anyone any good. From the targets I've seen, I'm not to worried about the 000's doing their job.

Lethal? who knows but why take any chances. Probably why Most Judge owners alternate .410's and .45 Colts in the cylinder. If the first one doesn't do the job, the second one will! :)

Last edited:

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    I'm looking to pick up one of these myself. I had a Judge, the frame size was a hair to large for my short fingers. I also like the Winchester ammo as well.

Top Bottom