Plinker

S&W 40ve trigger question

Is there a safe way to lower the trigger pull without sacrificing the gun in anyway?????

Quote Originally Posted by indyaj View Post
    Is there a safe way to lower the trigger pull without sacrificing the gun in anyway?????
    yes did it on a buddie of mines 40ve you can pull the sear out and it has a spring over a spring on it. we pulled the inner spring out and it lightened it a little bit but it was still "gritty". best thing to do is dry fire and dry fire alot it will smooth out a little more with time

Read this thread, I did this to my old sigma, and it makes the trigger feel MUCH better without any sacrifices.
    Gun experts....help searching - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Better instructions here
    Sigma Trigger Fix - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!
    An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Shooter
    you can do it yourself OR you can send it to S&W and they'll lighten it up for you for free you just have to call them and tell them how much it sucks. someguy in texas does the work and it is still under warranty since he works for S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by 45calibre View Post
    you can do it yourself OR you can send it to S&W and they'll lighten it up for you for free you just have to call them and tell them how much it sucks. someguy in texas does the work and it is still under warranty since he works for S&W.
    What he said I did mine and my Fathers myself, they came out much better but if I had it to do over again, I'd probably send it in. FYI, I also smoothed the plastic socket the sear rides in, it fixed that gritty feel.

I just tried doing it myself and it took about 5 minutes to take apart and put back together, and then test with snap caps.

It feels a whole bunch better! I had about 800 rounds through mine already and it was starting to loosen up, but now it is great.

I wish I had a way to test trigger pull against my glock! Guess I can go buy a new toy to test my trigger pulls!
    my hairs turning white, my necks always been red, my collars still blue