• ...and so much more!
  • merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Good morning to everyone,
    Any experience with the two recoil springs that come with the Sig Mosquito? I I am trying to decide which one to leave in the pistol so it cycles more reliably with MOST loads. Will appreciate your help.:patriot:

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    As a general guide, use the heavy spring for anything over 1250fps, and the light for anything under. This came from a guy that goes by the screen name of Mississippi Dave over on Sig Forum, and has proven to be pretty reliable. He also has an awesome post regarding the Mosquitos and some of their quirks (especially the early models):
    Sig Mosquito Fixes, Condensed General Version - Topic Powered by Social Strata

Using his recommendations, mine functions nearly flawlessly with the Remington Golden, CCI Mini-Mags, and Federal bulk packs. Since mine is pretty much broken in, I can now leave the heavy spring in full time with no problems.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    As a general guide, use the heavy spring for anything over 1250fps, and the light for anything under. This came from a guy that goes by the screen name of Mississippi Dave over on Sig Forum, and has proven to be pretty reliable. He also has an awesome post regarding the Mosquitos and some of their quirks (especially the early models):
    Sig Mosquito Fixes, Condensed General Version - Topic Powered by Social Strata

Using his recommendations, mine functions nearly flawlessly with the Remington Golden, CCI Mini-Mags, and Federal bulk packs. Since mine is pretty much broken in, I can now leave the heavy spring in full time with no problems.

This. :yesway: And Mississippi Dave rocks.

Top Bottom