• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    Hey everyone, (current) VP of Michigan Gun Owners. I go by Pyzik on MGO as well.

Several times a year we have "Fun Shoots" and picnics where members get together to shoot and eat at an affiliate club. Typically the club is generous enough to reduce fees and MGO picks up the range time. Many times MGO can provide dogs, brats and pop if someone is willing to grill. Many members bring a dish to pass.

I've been thinking for a while now that it would be cool to have a "Fun Shoot" somewhere near the IN/MI border and have both of our groups out.

So here we go!

"Range Day/Meet Up will be August 29th at Edwardsburg Conservation Club starting at 12pm ending maybe 5pm-ish??(Link to google maps)
    26524 Pine Lake St
    Edwardsburg, MI 49112

MGO will be providing main grilling items. Please consider bringing a dish to pass. Though, it is not mandatory for your attendance.

I know not everyone has Facebook but those that do, please use the link below and click "attend". This will give me an idea of who maybe attending.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1684417008456197/

Range Rules for all to read:
    SHOOTING RANGE RULES

1. ALL MEMBERS MUST BE PREPARED TO SHOW THEIR MEMBERSHIP CARD IF ASKED.
    2. ALL MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW AND ENFORCE THE RANGE RULES.
    3. ONLY MEMBERS & GUESTS ARE ALLOWED TO SHOOT ON THE RANGE.
    4. MINORS MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES.
    5. MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR GUESTS. NO MORE THAN 3 AT A TIME.
    6. NO 50CAL. BMG FIREARMS. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THIS RANGE.
    7. NO BELT FED, OR FULLY AUTOMATIC (CLASS 3) FIREARMS ALLOWED ON THE RANGE.
    8. NO RAPID FIRE AT ANY TIME. A "DOUBLE TAP" IS ALLOWED.
    9. NO UNCASED FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION ON THE BACK COUNTER.
    10. NO LOADING FIREARMS OR MAGAZINES FROM THE BACK COUNTER
    11. ALWAYS KEEP THE FIREARM MUZZLE POINTED DOWN RANGE IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
    12. YOU ARE YOUR OWN RANGE SAFETY OFFICER. SPEAK LOUDLY AND CLEARLY WHEN
    NEEDING TO GO DOWN RANGE.
    13. HANDLING ANY FIREARM WHILE SOMEONE IS DOWN RANGE IS PROHIBITED.
    14. SHOOTING AT TARGETS ON SHOOTING TABLE OR BENCHES IS PROHIBITED.
    15. MAKE SURE ALL SHOTS ( BULLETS ) ARE BEING STOPPED BY THE BERMS.
    16. NO STEEL OR METAL TARGETS, BOWLING PINS, ROCKS, ETC. ABSOLUTLEY NO GLASS
    17. DO NOT HANG TARGETS IN TREES OR ON BUSHES. DO NOT SHOOT INTO THE WOODS.
    18. REMOVE TARGETS (BROKEN OR WHOLE ) WHEN DONE SHOOTING. TAKE THEM WITH
    YOU OR PUT THEM IN THE TRASH CANS.
    19. DO NOT PUT LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE TRASH BARRELS. PUT THEM IN THE COFFEE
    CANS NEAR THE BACK COUNTER.
    20. PLEASE DO NOT CLIMB ONTO OR DIG INTO THE BERMS.
    21. BE COURTEOUS TO OTHERS. IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH SOMEONE, CONTACT ONE
    OF THE CLUB OFFICERS. LET US HANDLE IT.
    22. THE USE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WHILE SHOOTING OR HANDLING FIREARMS IS PROHIBITED.
    23. WEARING EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
    24. ANY UNSAFE BEHAVIOR OR RULES VIOLATION MAY RESULT EXPULSION OR LOSS OF
    SHOOTING PRIVILEGES.
    25. ALWAYS LOCK THE GATE AFTER ENTERING OR LEAVING, UNLESS A ORGANIZED EVENT
    IS IN PROCESS. MEMBERS WILL BE ABLE TO LET THEMSELVES OUT.
    26. DO NOT GIVE THE GATE COMBINATION OUT TO ANYONE.
    ALL CURRENT MEMBERS HAVE IT.
    27. TRAP RANGE: FIREARMS ARE TO BE UNLOADED WHEN CHANGING STATIONS.
    28. WHEN USING THE 200 YD. PART OF THE RANGE YOUR TARGET MUST BE AT LEAST THREE
    (3) FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. THIS WILL HELP KEEP BULLETS FROM SKIPPING.
    29. THIS CLUB IS A PRIVATE CLUB. IT IS NOT TO BE USED FOR PERSONAL GAIN. FIREARMS
    INSTRUCTORS, THIS MEANS YOU, UNLESS YOU ARE CLUB APPROVED.

NOTE: The property does hold a liquor licence. Anyone carrying must have a CPL.

What this means for you in IN...

In Michigan, to carry where a liquor licence is held one must have a Concealed Pistol Licence (CPL). You may choose to open or conceal carry.

MCL 750.234d and MCL 750.237a govern pistol free zones for those that don't have a CPL. MCL 750.234d states the following (full text in links):

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

(a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.
    (b) A church or other house of religious worship.
    (c) A court.
    (d) A theatre.
    (e) A sports arena.
    (f) A day care center.
    (g) A hospital.
    (h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
    (b) A peace officer.
    (c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.
    (d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.

SO, You must have a Concealed Carry Permit to carry on property and you must Open Carry. Otherwise transport the pistol as if you didn't have a carry permit; in a locked box, unloaded.

I will be talking to Bob to see if we can get some kind of letter drafted from the owner(s) to make this perfectly clear for all you guys coming up."

Last edited by a moderator:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    The Northwest IN folks usually get together and shoot pretty regularly. I don't drive up there to join them, but I'm sure some of them would be in to help make this happen.

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    The Northwest IN folks usually get together and shoot pretty regularly. I don't drive up there to join them, but I'm sure some of them would be in to help make this happen.
    Thanks for the heads up. Is there a subforum for Northern IN guys?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    Thanks for the heads up Ballstater98 and jagee. I'll do that.

Yeah, before I posted this I was reading the rules and thought "50 quality posts wont' be too hard but it does take time.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah, before I posted this I was reading the rules and thought "50 quality posts wont' be too hard but it does take time.

It is indeed. Jagee has been here a couple years now, and what he posted in this thread is probably his third quality post.

The NWI thread is a good place to come shoot the :poop:. I bet there'd be a solid contingent who would love to get together with some MGO members for a shoot, and someone would even bring a grill.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    How do you measure half a post? Was it a post that you started to type then deleted? Or was half the post quality and the other half went off the left field?

/sarcasm.

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    Half of the post was presumed to be quality, the other half was my normal rambling.
    Gotchya! Haha.

Man, my usual "go to" way of getting my post count up is to hit the "picture threads". INGO is lacking unless it's my google-fu that is.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Gotchya! Haha.

Man, my usual "go to" way of getting my post count up is to hit the "picture threads". INGO is lacking unless it's my google-fu that is.

Watch the content on the pictures thread. INGO is pretty tight about posting "appropriate" content. Basically, anything that would trigger the language filter is risking infraction action.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am going to post a link to this thread in the moderator forum. It will be easier to coordinate with all the staff on the same page.

Top Bottom