• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don has once again opened up the SOUTH Valley at his range to INGO for a FREE Open Shoot on Sunday September 11 2016 Between 11AM and 5PM. You just need to sign the waiver and provide an email address.

The spring shoot was awesome, and we had a LOT of fun. Don allows stuff that most ranges dont (for this event only), like tannerite and organics (watermelons, etc) as long as we are courteous and clean up after ourselves. We did great last time, lets keep it up so we continue to get invited back. Proteq is an awesome facility, and worth the drive. I may bring a pumpkin since I have a rogue plant growing in my back yard. (so far has 3 melons on it... its from discarded jack o lantern carving last october)

Proteq is just north of Brazil, IN in the western part of the state.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...2!3m1!1s0x886d14471c5207f9:0x58a5ce5a4ba582a2
    proteq.us (I'll post signs from the SR59 approach)

BEWARE SOME GPS UNITS PLACE YOU ON THE OPPOSITE END OF THE COUNTY. If your GPS tells you to exit the interstate at 231/Cloverdale it is wrong. (ask me how I know )

What to do?

We will be in the SOUTH valley. The entrance to the south valley is on 300W just south of 1200N.
    South Valley

NFA items are allowed. Just make sure you are safe and watch the muzzle rise. Safety first!
    There will be a post mounted thrower. So bring your clays and your shotguns!
    We will have a 150 yard rifle range at our disposal. There are several well worn gongs at the extreme end, and a couple target stands if you want to set up targets closer than 150. You can bring your steel targets, spinners, etc as well. Just use them safely. (It wouldnt hurt to bring your own target stands if you dont want to shoot the full 150)
    There is a covered pistol range for some handgun fun.
    There is a rimfire bay with lots of steel targets for fun.

Here are the rules we are expected to follow. You will be expected to sign a range release upon arrival, but the normal guest fee does not apply for this day only.
    ProTEQ Rules

Be prepared to clean up after yourself. Don has lots of tarps available to lay down in order to catch your brass and make cleanup MUCH easier. Please use them. Please also be prepared to police downrange for unbroken/barely broken clays if you use the thrower. (Don doesnt want large chunks (1/2 a clay or larger) left behind when he cuts the grass... plus we can put them downrange to shoot with our rifles)
    Full auto guys might want to bring some larger tarps if possible. (and verify brass is landing on one) We had a lot of brass not make it onto the tarps that were down. when using tarps, cleanup takes seconds. literally.

Burnable trash can be left in the barrels. (cardboard, paper, etc) Garbage and non burnable trash be prepared to take it home with you.

If anyone has any additional suggestions, speak up!

More details are available in the spring shoot thread here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-open-ingo-shoot-april-17-@proteq-brazil.html

Edit: 8/20: I just ordered a stand, and will pick up a 3/8 AR500 plate from Bobcat Steel next week, so I'll have at least a 10" square to ring. (on top of the steel already there)

So roll call. Who's in?

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I couldn't be at the one in May but I'll be sure and make it to this one!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Attended one of these some time ago, meeting new people, having loads of fun. I will endeavor to make this one. If only to give Clay some **** about his training schedule.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I'm starting another round of chemo tomorrow but if I can tough it I would really like to meet some of you guys. My parents farm isn't far from there so I'll put it on the calendar.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Sounds like fun. Will try to make it. Wanted to check out ProTek's place anyway as I am getting in to long range shooting. Wish they would allow us to use the longer ranges but I understand their point and 150 yd is better than nothing.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'm starting another round of chemo tomorrow but if I can tough it I would really like to meet some of you guys. My parents farm isn't far from there so I'll put it on the calendar.
    I feel your pain, really. Prayers for you and yours. I look forward to meeting you there. :ingo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom