Not open for further replies.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    27ydd21.jpg

I love this gun. I went to the range early, early this morning. I arrived at 5:30 AM to run some drills by myself.

But, my main goal was to put a brand new Kahr Arms CW 9mm through the ringer.

I put 150 rounds of Brown Bear 9mm, and 50 rounds of Blazer Brass through it without one hitch.

It was brand new. I did not clean it, baby it and to be honest I was trying to hurt it. Not one failure. I smoked the thing hot with purpose!

I like it.

It's got the 'I' type sights. (stick on ball) They are bright and the muzzle remained very clean during the entire process and I was able to see the white dot (after the sun rose :):) very well. My G19, after a few hundred rounds, begins to turn the 'powder grey' and the front sight begins to dull.

4sz97l.jpg

The frame is slim! It's like holding a Kel Tec PF...whatever. Except I didn't have to 'fluff and buff' to get HP's to run through it. I ran the HP's through the pistol after the 200 initial rounds, without cleaning it I might add.

qno9l0.jpg

The grip obviously was a small 'stick' in comparison to the G19. In fact, when I went to running some speed stuff with my Glock I kind of had the thought 'it feels like I just picked up a Cricket Bat'.

The lines on the pistol are nice, smooth, polished and there are no places to snag as I always CC with an IWB centerline front.

8xndq0.jpg

The weight is like a dream. If the holster was not leather, I would not have sweated today while taking the family to Great Times in INDY. I rode rides, picked up and played with the little ones and was not hindered in bending over or carrying or dealing with the multiple issues of family life at a theme park.

The trigger is a longer pull (DAO). BUT, it is smooth the entire way. NO catches, no weight stacking AND it wasn't even 'grindy' being a brand new pistol. I like the G19; XDs, because the trigger pulls are consistent and the same every time. This was not a disappointment. And I'm not a DA guy, just search my thread about me whining about my S&W 642's trigger pull.

The finish is perfect, well, it was until after today. 8 rounds total with one round chambered. The grip was not 'sweaty' or grungy, even after I had loaded and fired the thing with 'Brown Bear' fingers (from the laquer).

154vr5y.jpg

The fit is very nice. It is a very tight fit and there is not any slack or wobble when the trigger is depressed or when the striker 'lets go'.

The recoil wasn't any different than my Glock, really! Perhaps a little more manageable due to the 'hands on' of it. You'll learn a smaller grip with it though. Your 'admin' hand will have to find a place to land consistently if you want to hit anything with it.

t020lw.jpg

The cons, (for me) were the sights. I want Night Sights. The pistol was VERY dirty inside. I mean dirty!!! It was covered completely inside with powder residue, even more so than after several hundred rounds through my Glock. Heck, it was dirtier than my Ruger 22/45. All I do to it is put CLP through it and rack the bolt. I don't even clean it...;)

I highly recommend picking one up. It's not a competition gun. It's a carry piece, that for me, has performed perfectly.

:twocents:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom