• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Recently, I've been trying to track down a sling that could fit a very narrow set of requirements, and that could work with my current M4 setup. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/70400-does_this_sling_exist.html

Many INGOers suggested I speak to Matt @ Urban ERT slings at the next 1500, and that's exactly what I did.

URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS, tactical weapon slings, single point sling, AR15 sling, 3 Point Sling

Upon hearing about my setup and my requirements, Matt quickly went to assembling a sling that would fit my needs to a T. In a matter of minutes he had exactly what I wanted, and showed me how to properly deploy it. Because I wanted basic (boring) black, I even got the newest generation at a sale price. The entire sling, complete with all mounting adapters, was only $50. For a product of this quality, that fit my EXACT needs, made right here in Indiana, it was a bargain!

Now, I will say that in the past I thought UERT slings looked "too complicated". With a wide variety of interchangeable straps and adapters available, it just looked too confusing. However, once I understood the system, and after using it, I realize that it is actually quite simple.

In an effort to show this simplicity, I enlisted the help of my photographer Mother to take a series of pictures that hopefully describes more clearly how this system works.

Here is the sling installed over my right shoulder (I'm a right-handed shooter). The wide section of sling should stop at my clavicle. The long strap hanging straight down is used to cinch the sling up tight around the torso, leaving the O-ring to be near the centerline. From the O-ring is a QD swivel that will attach to the PR-4 on the rear of my M4. That tiny piece of 550 cord is a quick-release buckle that allows the shooter to quickly separate himself from the weapon if the need should arise.

15ohse8.jpg

Here is the M4 attached, with the QD swivel in the rear socket of the PR-4.

zyium1.jpg

Here is a side shot, showing how close it holds to the body.

2rfr3wx.jpg

Here is the super-wide 2" webbing across my back. Although it is not padded, the wide strap is very comfortable. It's like wearing a seatbelt.

5n5eu1.jpg

Here is what the sling looks like when the M4 is deployed. For the picture, I'm only using my strong arm, and my support arm is at my side.

qnvjt3.jpg

Same shot, but from above.

f0okd1.jpg

This shows the ease of transitioning from right to left and back again. Much like the Magpul MS2 sling, the QD attachment at the rear allows a full range of motion without getting tangled.

35d53qa.jpg

Now I'm going to show how I can quickly and easily transform this single-point sling to a 2-point.

Again, this is how the sling starts in single-point mode:

15ohse8.jpg

I simply disconnect the high buckle . . .

4v3b00.jpg

And then I connect another QD swivel adapter (the adapter can also be left on the gun on the front socket at all times if the shooter desired). . .

2898uh2.jpg

Now the two QD swivels get plugged into the two sockets-- one at the rear in the PR-4, and one at the front into the DD rail. Voila!

5p3m78.jpg

Hanging in 2-point mode:

20ubq5s.jpg

Shooting stance in 2-point mode:

m7riu9.jpg

There are also several different "carry modes" that can be utilized, as well as several "weapons catch" methods, but I haven't figured all those out yet, so no pictures.

Overall, I am very happy with this new setup, and I look forward to testing it out more extensively. If anyone is on the fence about an Urban ERT sling, I hope I have convinced you to at least take a chance and give it a try-- I don't think you'll be disappointed!

:ingo:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom