Not open for further replies.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    In September 2007 I purchased 3 Black Dog Machine magazines to run with a .22 Ciener conversion in an AR-15. During the next 18 months, I ran around 400-500 rounds through each magazine.

In February of this year, I noticed that the right-hand feed lip had cracked. Here is a picture of the failure. It’s a close-up looking from the back side of the magazine.

2ni89k9.jpg

I sent emails to Kevin Rich, the owner of Black Dog Machine. He quickly replied that they would take care of it. Waited….Sent another email….waited…..sent a third email recently and today received a complete new magazine. Glad to get the replacement, sorry it took five months and two follow-up emails to make it happen.

This is the second feed lip failure I’ve had with BDM magazines. I have a concern that the feed lips aren’t strong enough to withstand continued use. Black Dog replaced the first failed magazine also; and even sent three of the then-new followers for my other magazines.

There are now competitive products being marketed. CMMG makes full-body magazines that work in their conversion and the Ciener conversion.

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=81

My bottom line for Black Dog Machine customer service:
    Feed lip design “C” :dunno:
    Standing behind their products “A” :yesway:
    Speed of response to problems “D” :noway:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom