• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I had done a fair bit of reading about different types of defesnsive situations, and time and time again, a few keys points came up.

1) A Home Defense situation is likely to occur at night / in the cover of darkness.

2) Positive ID is a must (note recent news article about the man that shot his fiance the day before their wedding).

That combination helped make my mind up that I needed a light mounted on at least a few of my weapons. Having purchased a Streamlight and VTAC mount for my AR, and satisfied with its performance, I decided to check out the Streamlight offerings in pistol lights.

What I decided on was the TLR3 LED. I looked at a few of the larger lights, but decided that my needs would be best met with the TLR3. The price is right, the size is small, and the light output is adequate.

I contacted CWood at Indiana Supply Depot for a quote, and placed my order. A few days later, the light arrived, and like a kid at Christmas, I had to open it up and play with it right away.

Installation was very easy with the provided instructions. I installed the light on my Taurus PT92 AF, which has an accessory rail as part of the frame.

The instructions mentioned using insert "B" for the Beretta 92 / Vertec applications, but I found that insert "A" actually worked better, mounting the light close to the trigger guard in the rear of two rail slots. The mount locks up tight, and the toggle switch on the rear of the light is easily reached by either my trigger finger, or my support hand thumb when gripped with both thumbs parallel to the slide.

I am very pleased, and have full confidence that in dark / low light conditions, I'll now be able to make positive identification of any potential targets.

DSC06022.jpg

DSC06023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom