mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    24wbs0g.jpg

part picture

The instructions were easy to read, which is kind of surprising b/c some smaller companies just send you crap literature and let you fend for yourself. Parts were all there. The installation was set forth in steps on the paper and thought out by whoever wrote it, and there was NO CHINAMEN instructions. !!

2hfugpu.jpg

bolt catch extension

Yes, it’s plastic and I don’t like it… I didn’t get it tight enough either, I may have to remove the thing to tighten it up more, I was afraid it would break. It fits on well, solid manufacturing as well, no places where plastic needed to be sanded.

1zd0iuo.jpg

gaskets

You wrap the redi-mag around the magazine well, then insert these annoying gaskets; BUT, I’m glad they are there, it makes for a very, very tight fit. The mount is unmoving and they lock it into place.

2wh4fn5.jpg

finished product
    It’s a house gun, and yes that’s an old Eotech, and a new Streamlight, I’ve put a prom dress on a prostitute, I know. (DPMS AP4) It’s not meant for war, but will do in defending my home and plinking. I’m sure it will survive me taking it to the range to get some time in and muscle memory with the redi-mag as well… perhaps a rifle course or two… One day perhaps a Daniel Defense or Larue…

2myntxg.jpg

Pros: Extra magazine; strong metal; solid mount; loaded- unloaded magazines ‘click’ free, GI magazines drop real fast

Product features: Curved redi-mag release lever to sort of ‘bump’ it, super-uber fast reload, same sized well as rifle, very solid lever for redi-mag release

Cons: You can’t ‘bump’ the rifle to release the bolt, now I MUST hit the lever, under stress this may be an issue; LOTS OF EXTRA PRACTICE; weight is a little more; added bulk; new system to learn; plastic BCE part, needs to be metal—if broke, one would have to actuate the charging handle until it was fixed.

Pmags drag free, they will drop when full, but only click free and drop a quarter inch (as of right now, I am sure wear-in will help with that)

My overall take on it: I think it’s a good idea and system. I’ve now GOT to get to the range and learn it. It’s a solid quality product. I originally thought it ‘plastic’ and was very leery. The magazine change is super fast, easy. I can see that when/if I get to take it to a course to work with it alone that backfilling from my belt, and ultimately from a vest will need to be implemented as a standard practice or the magazines will disappear with fast reloads. !!

Shooter521 says practice extensively and I agree completely. This is not going to be an easy learn curve… need stress applied and muscle memory to remember where the Bolt Catch Extension is.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom