• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Hello, Its been a while since I've been around, so I figured I'd try to get a few posts in here and there... I don't know if this has been reviewed here, but I'll give my 2 cents on it. I am by no means an expert, gunsmith or spokesperson, I just want to give a detailed report...

For my S&W M&P40 Pro Series, while steps ahead of the regular M&P's, I still felt the trigger feel lacking some what...

For those that have used APEX Tactical DCAEK or CAEK or any other APEX part, you'll know of the impressive improvements made with their parts installed. But they all pale in comparison to APEX's FSS & Trigger Kit. When I read about the changes that this APEX kit makes, I was intrigued, nervous(mainly to do the smithing) and excited. Well, I took the plung, and all I have to say is WOW!!:D

picture.php

The improvements this kit makes is incredible. The machining, engineering and attention to detail from APEX is fantastic!! Trigger pretravel in negligable, trigger break in smoother and crisper, no overtravel and such a small reset it unreal.

What comes in the package:
    1) Newly Engineered 1911-ish style trigger w/ slim trigger safety
    2) Newly Engineered Forward Setting Sear
    3) New revised Striker block (specific for this kit)
    4) New revised spring kit (specific for this kit)

1) I know some of you will say that its a glock style trigger, but really it is more a solid 1911-ish style trigger with a slim, non-intrusive, unnoticable trigger saftey, that changes the trigger dynamics of the M&P

2) APEX's Randy Lee, re-engineered the geometry of the M&P's sear to adjust when the striker drops and where the reset occurs. A fantastic piece of engineering in my mind.

3) Most people have used APEX's USB which creates many improvements of the feel of the M&P, but this has a slightly redesigned shape to take into account the redesgined FSS and Trigger and Spring weights.

4) The springs have been revised, mostly in that they provide certain set of springs for a trigger pull weight of approx 4-5Lbs. However, if you have the Pro Series M&P or a kit that already has DCAEK or CAEK, the springs can be mixed and matched to create your perfect weight.
    I.E. With my Pro Series, I have to keep the stock trigger spring to create the approx 4LBS trigger pull, with APEX's trigger spring, I had an 8LBS trigger pull!! Wierd, I know...

Ease of installation: 7 out of 10
    While Randy provides HD Youtube videos for replacing all the parts, it still can be tricky to replace everything and get it back together and needs some special tools.
    *Although, I did it with no gunsmithing experience, it took me about 1.5hrs, took my time and made sure everything was correct, checked and double checked.
    I still took a huge risk of ruining or destroying my M&P!

Overall Conclusion::rockwoot: :laugh: :D

The trigger feels great and the safety in the center is not noticable. Trigger pull for me is 4LBS and is just perfect! Smooth and crisp action, clean short reset and makes shooting this M&P even more fun!!
    This is a fantastic and welcome improvement for the M&P!! Taking what was already a great and reliable weapon, and making it even better!!

Gripes:
    M&P Pro has a different sear housing group, so the Reset Assist Mechanism(RAM) with not work in Pro Series. Other than that, none.

Warnings:
    Use a sight drift or brass punch for removing the sights, I marred mine up, but I'm gonna replace mine, so no worries. It just takes a long time, mine were fitted so tight, it to about 20+mins to remove the rear sight.

**M&P owners: Keep and eye out on APEX Tactical, Randy Lee has got alot of interesting ideas for production in 2012 from what I hear!

Hope this helps anyone who was curious about this add on!! I love it and I know you will to! Hope you enjoyed the reiview!

picture.php

picture.php

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...l_foward_set_sear_and_trigger_kit_review.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom