Not open for further replies.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Beretta Nano 9mm Range Report and Review:
    I had the chance to take my brand new Beretta Nano 9mm to the range yesterday and thought I’d give you my first impressions. I was shooting on the 7-8 yard pistol range for the tests:
    8yardspistolrange.jpg

Overall, this pistol exceeded all of my expectations. I used a variety of 9mm ammo which I frequently shoot for target practice and for my personal defense.
    I started with Winchester 115gr FMJ:
    Winchester115grFMJ.jpg

First mag:
    s
    Mag4.jpg

Second and Third Mags:
    Mags2and3.jpg

Fourth mag:
    Firstmag.jpg

The Nano had zero failures of any nature. No failures to load, eject, the slide stayed back on every empty mag, and the pistol has no magazine safety so it shot fine with a round in the chamber and no magazine in the firearm. I think this is an awesome carry piece as it truly has very smooth sides where there is nothing to snag or catch on holsters or clothing. It was certainly nothing like shooting an LCP, DB9, or other snappy pistol that hurts your hand when shooting and practicing at the range. I never felt I needed gloves or a Hogue grip to lighten the impact, even though it was a bit cool outside. It was a pleasure to shoot it with terrific reliability. It ate every type of ammo I fed it, and I couldn’t tell any noticeable difference from various loads I shot.
    I also shot Federal 115gr FMJ and Winchester 124gr FMJ:
    Federal115grandWinchester124grFMJ.jpg

The personal protection ammo I used was Winchester 147gr JHP and Hornady Critical Defense:
    Winchester147grJHPandHornadyCriticalDefenseCloseup.jpg

Pros:
    Comes with two (2) metal, 6 round magazines
    Usable, adjustable 3-dot sights (unfortunately not night sights from the factory)
    Pleasure to shoot and easy to be accurate right out of the box
    Very reasonably priced, particularly for a Beretta.
    A little thinner than my Glock 27 with the single stack design.
    Take down and cleaning is very simple.
    Excellent trigger, I'd compare it closely to the Glock (I know some may not see this as a pro, but I do).

Cons:
    May be a little too big for pocket carry. I’m not sure it can really be considered a pocket or mouse gun.
    No options right now for an extended magazine. Some may not like having their pinky hang off the grip when shooting.

I compared it to my Glock 27 to give a prospective:
    Glock27versusNanoEndtoEnd.jpg

Glock27versusNanoBacktoBack.jpg

Glock27versusNanoSidetoSide.jpg

Original thread here: ingunowners.com/forums/handguns/179813-review_beretta_nano_9mm.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom