• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    After endless fondling of various 1911 models in countless shops, I finally returned to the brotherhood of 1911 owners today! :rockwoot:

So, here are my first thoughts and some pics.​

My purchase was a Regent R200S, manufactured by Umerex, a Turkish company. Their base model, the R100, has been around for a bit. There are many reviews on the webz, some good, some OK, some not so good, so I was hesitant to take the plunge. After talking to our friendly neighborhood Bradis Manager (Shooter521) about them on several occasions and reading more than a few reviews of the R100, I decided that most of the more recent ones showed that Umerex had dealt fairly with its customers, fixed problems and that newer ones did not suffer from the early maladys.​

Price point for this pistol (at least at present) is just under $600.00, A big plus for me, as I do not have a big gun budget. I comes nicely boxed with all the normal do-dads, brush, manual, lock, and one steel magazine.​

picture.php

A good looking Handgun. Hogue grips are factory, as is the beaver tail, round hammer, Competition style sights, vented trigger, and oversized ambi safety.​

picture.php

During the first breakdown for cleaning before lobbing lead downrange, I was impressed with the machine work. I'm no expert, so I could be wrong, but everything is a smooth, snug fit. I found no burrs, scars or handwork marks to indicate sloppy machines and the need to fix before shipping.​

picture.php

picture.php

I cleaned it all up, put it back together, function checked and it was time to go out back to my woods.​

picture.php

picture.php

My first magazine, I just sent a few down at the steel, feeling the pistol out using Speer 230 gr FMJ Lawman.
    First shots, impressions: No FTE's or FTF's. The pistol returned to battery everytime. Targets were easy to reaqquire. Muzzle rise is very managable. Trigger is smooth and light, (I don't have a guage, I would guess about 6 or 7 lbs)​

Then, I stepped off 10 paces (for me this is about 25 feet) and checked for accuracy at a moderate cadence. I was quite pleased with what this pistol can do. :D

picture.php

picture.php

All in all, I put 50 rounds through it today. Not a hitch, snort, cough, or sputter. I really love having a 1911 back in my hands again. It's like a trusted old friend.​

I'm not a comp shooter, and it's also been many years since I carried one of these, so I plan on having some more knowledgable 1911 shooters check it out soon and give their thoughts.​

So, I would give my new Regent R200S high marks for initial quality at the very least. I think Umerex has put together a fine pistol for the price.

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ughts_umerex_regent_r200s_1911_pic_heavy.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom