• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    For the last few years I have carried my Glock 21SF in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster. It was cheap and got the job done, and I just as often pocket/IWB carry a 357 snubbie. I figured the holster was good enough. Recently however I decided that I wanted to get a "real" holster in hopes that it would be more comfortable which therefore would make it more likely that I would regularly carry the Glock. I spent tons of time researching brands and styles. I pretty much had it narrowed down to either a Crossbreed or a King Tuk. I was a bit hesitant though because of the cost and the wait time I kept reading about. Then one day I randomly came across the website for Old Faithful Holsters. I was immediately intrigued by their kits. Here is the website:

Inside Waistband Holsters - Conceal Carry Holsters - Appendix Carry Holsters - Cross Draw Holsters - Gun Belts

I really liked the idea of saving a significant amount of money with a kit, and plus it would give me something fun to do. I then started checking out their belts. I hadn't really thought of getting a gun belt because I wore a "heavy duty" Levi's belt. So I then took a couple of days to research belts, and I came to the conclusion that if I were going to get a high-quality holster I should match it with a high-quality belt. It didn't take me long at all to decide that I would get the "Stage 3 Premium" forward cant holster kit as well as the gun belt kit. Both together were less than many of the similar holsters I was previously considering.

I called up and placed my order. They shaped the Kydex and made the belt and shipped both in less than two weeks. I was immediately impressed with both products.

Let's start with the belt. It's great. It is stiff, was cut to the right length, and the "fit and finish" of it is great. Although I got the kit, it actually came assembled. Here is a picture of the buckle end of it:

IMG_4098.jpg

There is absolutely no comparison between it and my old Levi's belt, which was supposed to be heavy duty. You may not be able to see this very well from the pic below, but it is about twice as thick with much higher quality sewing and hardware than the Levi's:

IMG_4099.jpg

The holster kit came in a nice package. Here are the contents of it:

IMG_4082.jpg

I was super impressed by the quality and robustness of all the items, from the leather to the smallest screw. I can understand why they offer a 50 year guarantee. Yep that's right, a 50 year guarantee!

Here is a pic of the formed Kydex against my Glock:

IMG_4083.jpg

You can see that the molding was done very nicely; there are no gaps and all the lines are straight and uniform.

Assembling the holster kit was easy. I just followed the directions given by the well-made video tutorial posted on their website. It did take me a bit to get the t-nuts to seat into the leather, but it certainly wasn't a problem. Here are two pics of the outside and inside of the holster once assembled:

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

Here is a pic of my Glock in the holster:

IMG_4086.jpg

Most importantly, this holster does a fantastic job concealing the pistol, and it is quite comfortable to wear and sit with. Now, I can't say that I forget I am carrying, or that if I move in a certain way the pistol won't print. But I can say that I was blown away by how much better this holster conceals the gun and makes it more comfortable to carry for long periods of time, when compared to my old Uncle Mike's holster. In other words, this holster does a great job comfortably concealing a full-size, chunky .45 caliber pistol.

Here are two pics of how nicely the holster pulls the gun into the body:

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

You will notice that I am wearing the old Levi's belt in these pics. This is because I wanted to show what the holster will do without the help of an actual gun belt. The combination of it and the gun belt is even better.

Overall I am very, very pleased with my Old Faithful holster kit and gun belt. The kit was fun to put together, all the components are ultra high quality, and they work amazingly well together. And, both together are less than $80!

If you are looking for either an IWB leather/kydex holster or a leather gun belt, I strongly recommend those by Old Faithful Holsters.

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...review_old_faithful_iwb_holster_and_belt.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom