Not open for further replies.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    As I read more and more and saw these on ebay, I kept wondering... Will that work on a real gun? I bought a knock off aimpoint micro for my 9mm ar just to see what's up. It actually held zero VERY well, but later failed and stayed illuminated until the battery died. So then I thought, hey, maybe on a .22? I bought one of the 4x zoom acog scopes from ebay and went to the range.

acog2.jpg

acog4.jpg

The scope held zero very well. I was impressed at it's ability to withstand the very mild torture I put it through with no issuel. The only downside was after coming back a week later, it shot 1" low! I found this to be a repetitive issues and I have to adjust it up a bit each range trip. I've gotten used to it and it's not annoying anymore!

The construction and quality of this is fairly solid. This is not a plastic POS you get with an airsoft gun, it feels nice and looks nice. The adjustment is absolutely responsive and you can feel the clicks.

acog1-1.jpg

The has some nice features and works well with .22. Basically, if you want a perfect scope, this sucks. If you have an ACOG on your real rifle, but want a matching training unit for your .22 and don't mind adjusting zero a tad before a range session, it's super sweet. The illumination is totally adjustable and very crisp, but doesn't show well during the day. I like this scope, but I'm back and forth on keeping it because of the rezero thing, though I am incredibly impressed it holds zero perfectly while being knocked around and abused! You may see it again in the classifieds. Or maybe I'll keep it. Not sure yet.

Hope you enjoy the video, if there's anything else YOU'VE been wondering, let me know. I just might buy it and do a review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76samnP5Yog

Original thread here: ingunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/212408-acog_clone_on_22_ar_review.html​

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom