• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    Well, here’s my little take on the See All sight. I’ve included some pictures to help. Keep in mind I’m no esrice with my silver tongue for reviews. Also keep in mind that I have this mounted on a shotgun (870) so talk about “accuracy” and “zero” won’t hold the same weight if this were on a rifle.
    The sight is compact and light. It doesn’t take up much rail space and adds no significant weight to your gun. It is just a big block of light gather material,l that I will LOOSELY refer to as the fiber optic (FO) for simplicity, with a magnifying lens in front of that. A very tiny triangle is put on the edge of the FO as seen below.

picture.php

The magnifying lens then…..wait for it…..MAGNIFIES the triangle to make an easily seen reticle. Here's a blurry :( pic of the setup

picture.php

With the set up as it is that means there is NO field of view through the sight. If you were to close the off eye and look “through” the sight like a scope, you would see nothing but green and a black triangle. I’m not a fan of that feature. The company says that with such a large FO, it has the capability of gathering even small amounts of ambient light. They say if you have enough light to see the target then you can see the reticle. I found that this isn’t exactly the case. If you have a light mounted forward of the sight in a dark room, it really doesn’t illuminate the reticle. If the light is to the side of the sight, it actually illuminate pretty well.

I’m not sure of its ability to hold zero over the long term or in the event of removing and replacing the sight. The windage/elevation adjustments are small allen screws that have no clicks or retaining feature whatsoever. So 1) that makes it hard to zero and 2) I don’t know how that will play over extended use with heavy recoil. It did seem to hold “zero” after the 50 rounds of 2 ¾” birdshot I was shooting, but I don’t know how much weight that holds. Mounting the sight is easy. You slide it onto your rail similar to a Magpul BUS, but it stays in place via two allen screws on the top that you tighten down onto the rail. That means there is a lot of margin of error when removing and remounting the sight that you would almost certainly have to rezero it if you ever took it off. Also, there's the chance that recoil could back out the screws unless Loctite were used.

I don’t like the fact that the reticle is black. I, personally, found it hard to pick up against any object that didn’t have the sky as a background. YMMV. Also, the lens is only 0.7in (17.78mm) wide, so I also found it easy to not have my head in the right place to see the reticle. Now, with a good cheek weld, it wasn’t an issue, but if I had a good cheek weld I probably wouldn't need this sight and the irons would do just as well.
    One last note if you were to mount this on an AR, you would need a riser as per the manufactures recommendation. That means you lose the use of your irons and this HAS to be your only optic. So if you have this on a AR and the lighting conditions are not right, then you might be screwed. Actually, because it has no field of view through it, it can be limiting on a shotgun because you couldn’t even use it as a modified ghost ring sight.
    All in all it is really a good sight. Outside in the sun, MAN does the FO glow. And it glows pretty well inside a house during the day. Personally, I think this was designed to be a sporting optic and possibly a hunting optic. But I would not use it as a self-defense or “combat” sight.

Below are some pics. I tried to get good pics of it mounted and pics of the reticle. I have a run of the mill digital camera so I’m sure they are not the best plus I had to resize them for INGO. I’m sure I also left stuff out, so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks!

Here are some images of it mounted.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are some images of the reticle in the sunlight.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are some images of the reticle in a house during the day with shades down.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom