HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    LED Gun Safe Light System

Safe lighting system

I was searching for some sort of light system for my safe and stumbled across several different options ranging from setting a flashlight on top of the safe and use as needed all the way up to fully integrated light and electrical systems that would without a doubt be overkill for my Stackon Elite safe.

After reading about all kinds of lights I settled on the Lite Tech LED Safe Light System from www.litetechauto.com. This is the thread that I stumbled across that sold me. Www.calguns.net/calgunsforum/showthread.php?t=456064&styleid=6

Included in this kit are the following:

•2 - 48" LED Light strips (Velcro backed to adhere to the interior carpeted walls of most safes)
    •1 - Battery holder
    •1 - inline on/off switch
    •1 - inline roller switch (included free while supplies last)

You can upgrade and add several different accessories as you see fit. I added:
    •1 - 20" LED strip for across the top of my safe.
    •1 - ac power adapter.

The basic price is $40 plus shipping. The additional LED strip was $5 and the ac adapter was also $5. With a $5 shipping charge, my grand total came to $55 shipped for the whole setup to adequately light my safe.

I ordered on Monday and it arrived on Saturday. It arrived as described. It was all packaged in individual ziploc bags and rolled up in bubble wrap and dropped in a USPS priority envelope.

20121201_132929.jpg

I opened it up and instantly plugged one of the strands in and was almost blinded by the brightness. I LOVE LED's!!!

All in all I had about 15 minutes in the installation even though one could install my entire setup in about 3 minutes. I made a couple adjustments and had a loose connection in one of the plugs. It wasn't a big deal, just that one of the pins wasn't snapped all the way in. I went ahead and just used the battery compartment to see how well it works and how long the 8 AA batteries will last. The website claims 4-6 months using the lights 15 minutes a day.

Here is a shot before lights:

20121201_133206.jpg

Here's a shot with the lights on battery power (notice the wires in the top corners, I ultimately just tucked them back and held them in place with the light strips)

20121201_134403.jpg

And here's a shot with the ac power adapter (it is considerably brighter and whenever my safe is put into its "permanent" location I will modify it to accept the ac adapter):

20121201_134508.jpg

Here's a short video testing the roller switch that allows it to automatically turn on and off when the door is opened and closed:

http://youtu.be/gGwSeRmA8Mw

Overall, I am very satisfied with the whole package. Cost, shipping time, quality, installation, and final product were all very good. I strongly recommend this system to anybody looking for an economical yet effective solution to a dark safe. I am curious just how long the batteries will last because they are so much dimmer than the ac adapter. We'll see.

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e_tech_led_safe_light_system.html#post3552512

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom