Not open for further replies.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Back a few months ago I saw where Rainier Arms had came out with a new ambidextrous charging handle. I have always wanted to be able to run the charging handle from my firing hand. Last week I decided to pony up the 84.00 for one. Yea a lot of dough for a charging handle. I ordered through Amazon and it showed up four days later.

First Impressions- It arrived in a bubble pack filled envelope with the charging handle secured inside a baggie. I knew from the first glance that this was a well thought out and well made item. Everything about it is quality.
    d72f024409545a3760d19eb25238f455.jpg

Use- After reading the directions on how to install the charging handle....just kidding. After installing I worked the levers on both sides. Both work very well and equally well from either side. You can actually run the charging handle from your right hand with little difficulty.

raptorHandle-7546.jpg

Compared to my Vltor Gunfighter GFH Mod 3, the left side release does not protrude as much. That is a plus IMO as I don't like something sticking me in the gut when I have my rifle slung tight to my front.

The new Rainier Arms Raptor actually allows for a whole new look at stoppage clearing ect. I can now clear a malfunction by bringing my right (firing hand) up and running the charging handle all the while keeping the rifle shouldered. I slap the magazine with my left hand, rock (Lean or cant) the rifle a little to the right, run the charging handle and slide my hand right back down into the firing position.

I really like this thing. I do wish that the right side lever was a little longer. It conflicts somewhat with the forward assist. I wish they were a little cheaper but one should last forever. I am not sure on the warranty.:twocents: If someone is in the market for a true ambidextrous charging handle I suggest checking one of these out.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom