• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I haven't yet installed or used the console vault, but I am creating a review to be done and creating a reminder for myself when I get home.

While deployed, I have purchased a new to me truck 2008 Chevrolet Silverado quad-cab. I have been a car guy for a while, but for the purpose of getting older and starting a family I have leaned towards a truck for family purposes. I like to camp, hike and spend time with my family outside of the city limits.

The console vault was on another forum, LS1Truck.com and it isn't just for trucks that go off-road but performance too. I can't get away from the 'just leave it stock' mentality.

So what does it consist of?

Chevrolet Silverado Fold Down Console Features:

• Massive 12-Gauge cold rolled plate steel, welded tab and notch seams
    • Superior 3-point locking system resists prying
    • Bank Vault-style hinge latch pins
    • Drill-resistant locks
    • Easy 10 minute installation
    • Secures to factory console bolts
    • Perfectly balanced spring-assisted door
    • Made in the United States of America
    It doesn't remove your factory console but goes inside of it.

chevrolet_avalanche_fold_down.jpg

It looks just like factory, until you open the console.

Chevrolet_Avalanche_Fold_Down_Front.jpg

When you open the console, there you see it. A locked 'vault' to store valuables while away from the truck. It is protected by a barrel lock, or 3 or 4 digit combo lock. I opted for the key lock at no extra charge.

Chevrolet_Avalanche_Fold_Down_Open.jpg

Pretty good size, plenty of room for a pistol, cell phone, wallet and anything else you may want to store for a little while.

1006.jpg

This is just to show size, ability to fit a handgun and other items.

Now, none of these photos are MY photos. These are just stock photos on the website. In about a month, I will update this with my own photos because I have yet to install this in my truck being deployed.

Why should you buy from this company? Well, being deployed currently I do a lot of online shopping. Typically, the customer service I have run into is mostly non-existant. With this company, that was not the case. I ordered this the few few weeks of March, received a tracking number stating that it was going to be delivered around March 15th. I waited for an email saying that a package has arrived for me but it never came. Well, I was trying to be patient and finally I had to ask, "Has a package from console vault come in the mail for me?" Nope, no packages other than what I have told you lately.

Well, that sucks. I ask her to double check and maybe open some packages from unmarked senders and open them if need be. Same answer, nothing like that has been shipped. Damnit, now I get to try and get either my money back or a 2nd product sent out. Most companies will say, "sorry for your loss we can give you a discount on a 2nd product, but we can't just send a 2nd free of charge."

I email the customer service department and explain the story, and before the day was through I had a new tracking number telling me I have a new one en route. Holy crap! Awesome! I follow up with an email saying Thanks, and when I get home if I find it in the pile of other things I ordered that I would ship it back to them and cover shipping on my end.

Overall, the service I received from this company has been outstanding.

So, long story short. If you are looking for a place to safely store a pistol and other valuables in your vehicle, these are the folks you should deal with.

I am going to email them again, and link them to the forum if they join up I will pay for their first year as an advertiser.

Link to Original Thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/286562-review_console_vault.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom