• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This will be an ongoing review starting with today's initial application and first impressions.

I received my 8oz tub of Froglube paste ($18.99 Amazon Prime) today and after the initial application to my M&P9 I realized that I may have purchased a lifetime supply, so I hope it performs as well as its reputation implies.

406264545.jpg

Following the instructions found online for initial application, I detail cleaned the M&P and stripped it of all residual oil. I used non-chlorinated brake cleaner for this which works wonderfully and despite concerns I've read online, had no ill effect on the polymer. YMMV.

I then heated the slide, barrel, and receiver individually with a hair dryer before painting the stuff on with my wife's cutesie little pink makeup brush (this may be a problem in the future). I let the parts sit for an hour and then wiped off the excess which wasn't much as it really does absorb into the metal.

406264561.jpg

406264577.jpg

406264597.jpg

406264608.jpg

406264586.jpg

As soon as I reassembled the pistol I could already tell a difference. The slide felt super smooth and cycled like it was on ball bearings, the "squeak" from the recoil spring dragging on the guide rod was gone, and my gun smelled minty fresh.

I'll follow up this weekend after I put a few hundred rounds through it and break it down for a cleaning. Stay tuned.

Link To Original Thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/287815-review_froglube.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom