• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    So, I just received my new holster for my Beretta M9A1 from High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters in the mail yesterday. The model I purchased is called the "Slide Guard". I've always been partial to a good leather holster over kydex or hybrid. This one does NOT disappoint. I could immediately see the quality and craftsmanship when I took it out of the box. The design of this holster isn't revolutionary by any means, but the execution is done at a very high level.

IMG_0012_zps4736f49c.jpg

As you can see, it is an OWB belt holster with a tension screw. The initial fit was VERY tight, but that is a good thing when it comes to leather. I put some wax paper around my gun and placed it in the holster. By the time I got home from work today the fit was perfect.

IMG_0014_zps4bc89c9d.jpg

High Noon Holsters is a company based in Florida. They do all of their own manufacturing in the U.S.A. which is a pretty big deal. Each holster is hand made, even their stock items. This holster was a custom order fit to my specific model gun. They claim to use cowhide raised specifically for their company. The cows that this leather comes from are free range animals. This results in what I think is a very beautiful grain on the leather. If you look closely, you can see the imperfections in the leather. In my opinion, it gives the holster extra character.

The Slide Guard offers comfort for the wearer and protection for the gun with the piece of leather that rises up on the left side of the holster. This keeps the safety, hammer, beaver tail etc. from digging into my side and simultaneously protects my weapon from sweat and body oils. When I ordered mine, I also opted for a lining on the inside of the holster which helps reduce wear on my gun's finish.

IMG_0015_zps98189465.jpg

The leather is very stiff, but not uncomfortable. The retention is phenomenal. My gun will not come out of the holster unless I intentionally and forcefully draw. I really like that as the leather ages I can adjust the tension with the screw. The stitching is also very high quality. There doesn't appear to be any loose threads or imperfections in any of the seams.

The profile of the holster is very slim and features an open muzzle design. The two belt slots can fit up to 1.75" belts, but work best with 1.5" belts. The positioning of the belts slots cause the holster to sit with a 15 degree forward cant, which I find ideal for my carry position. (High Noon recommends carrying with this holster at 3, 4 or 5.)

IMG_0016_zps2031f39d.jpg

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. High Noon really knows how to take a normal holster design and make it special. They offer the Slide Guard in Black, Tan (which is what I have) or Horsehide (Sorry RedneckReject). It comes in either left or right hand draw and they can custom fit them to hundreds of different models of guns. The cowhide starts at $104.95 (not cheap) and offers the lining for an extra $35. Their turnaround times on custom orders are: 10-12 weeks on belt holsters, 6-8 weeks for IWB holsters & 2-4 weeks on belts. You can pay extra for a rush service. This costs $50 and will shrink your turnaround time to 7-10 business days.

Please, check out their website. They are a great U.S. based company that really takes pride in giving their customers a quality product. I may post an update after I have worn the holster for a while.

***************************************************************************************************
    Link To Original Thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...9-initial-impressions-high-noon-holsters.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom