• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I will be at izaak walton saturday May 7th at 1:00pm with johnP. This isnt intended to be a "meet" and I know this is last minute. Just wanted to extend an invitation to anyone who wants to shoot and doesnt have anything better to do.

If you want to come please post up so I know who to expect.

Please remember...

Guns
    ammo
    ear protection
    targets
    stapler
    $5 guest range fee
    brain

Like I said... not intended to be a meet, but if you want to come hang out and shoot sh*t, be my guest. :patriot:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for coming guys. Had a blast as usual. Well get 85 and sunny one of these days lol.

Last edited:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, good times...and nobody got shot.

A mini-range report:
    1) shot some 45gr JHP .223 through the Rem 700. It shot pretty damn good. I managed to get cloverleaf groups a couple of times despite the fact that I wasn't shooting particularly well.
    2) Shot plinker's Mosin. Damn...I'm getting one of those.
    3) Shot plinker's Baretta. I'm not a big DA guy, but that trigger was sweet, and there was surprisingly little muzzle flip for a .40. Nice gun.
    4) Shot Ed's G19. Ahh, the G19...ahhhh.
    5) Shot the M&P 9c...did a lil better from 25yds. I forced myself to try to shoot with the isosceles stance. My accuracy at longer ranges seems to be better with the isosceles (a lot less horizontal variation anyway), but it just doesn't feel particularly natural to me. I suppose the stance sort of forces you to lock in and be less mobile in a way.

Anyways...

A nice relaxing landscape...
    picture.php

Meh...targets.
    picture.php

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Sounds like a good time. One of these times I will be able to make it out there. I used to shoot at Izaak Walton a long time ago and have been wanting to go back out there.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Thanks Ed for the invite! I know I always have fun shooting. Getting to shoot the Mosin Nagant was awesome. Plus it was cool to find out that an INGO member lives in my neighborhood.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Rats, must have been asleep at the switch.

Sorry I missed out on this one. I didn't see the post or I would have been there too. I have a new Mosin but need to get some food for it soon. I may head out tomorrow to either Izaak Walton or Roush to sling some lead. Spent the day working around the house and cleaning AKs from the last time I shot.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It was truly a fun time. Thanks to Jayhawk for letting me shoot his Remington (talk about a tack driver!), JohnP82 for letting me shoot his Keltec carbine (.40 S&W), and Ed for setting up the event and allowing me to (finally!) shoot a Glock as well as his AK.

I continued to share my love with others of the almighty Mosin, as well as my new PX4 Storm .40. I also got to shoot my .22 (Marlin 925) at 100 yds, and was impressed with its accuracy (though not as accurate as the aforementioned Remington of Jayhawks).

Looking forward to some warm, dry weather to shoot in! Thanks all!

Top Bottom