• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Hope no-one minds me jumping the gun here (pardon the pun) and that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.

As y'all know by now Starbucks is being boycotted by the antis on 2/14 (aka Valentines day for you lucky single bar-stewards).

A few of us on the NWI INGO General Post thought bout meeting up at the Starbucks in Schererville on 2/14 so I thought I'd make it official.

This is just south of Main Street aka E 53rd Avenue on the east side of US41. Access is either via Main Street or via the light a half a block south of Main Street on Indianapolis/US41.

Starbucks Schererville - Google Maps

There's another SB inside the Target store in Highland, but personally I think Schererville would be better - I'm biased. Obviously the SB in St John is a definite no go!

A few of the guys at the PD in Schererville I've talked to and are definitely pro gun and pro 2A. I can't speak for all of them but the few I've spoken to are all for us exercising our rights.

Nothing is set in stone so if you think another Starbucks would be "more better" (say, one in Gary?) feel free to bring it up.

David (aka the pesky Brit).

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Thanks for doing this. As stated before, ill be going the one in Dyer also. But Im down for the schereville one too. You thinking morning hours?

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Any time is good for me, I live within walking distance (not that I'll be walking though).

I said no to the SJ SB because of SJPD's attitude towards our very own Bill B.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I recall.... Maybe it was just because hes one of "those people".... Ive only been hassled by $7/hr gas stations employees and mentally handicapped people in Subway....

hell, I even told a SJ LEO I was carrying when he came up behind me while I was falling asleep in my truck @ 4am in a BANK parking lot.... he didnt even care to see my permit...

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    We could always go to SJ, Dyer, Schererville. Start at one, then head to the others. Could get expensive LOL.

Lunch time works for me since I am a bum I don't get out of bed until 10 am ;)

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I really don't care where we go. I have a wacky schedule and don't know when ill be working. I think lunch time seems good though.

So will this be any one else first time open c?

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Im definately hitting up my SB in CPT, but thats early in the morning and just for a secondn before work. After 4:30 Ill see if any of you are still out... If not, Ill just head up to the SJ one and call it a night

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I was thinking about how to make this effort more effective, and I thought we needed something to hand in to the local stores. I added a little and modified it specifically to Indiana, (with thanks to the New Jersey group for the initial start point).

You should be able to paste the following by copy/paste into a WORD document. Change the local club or organization affiliation if any. there is also a line for a signature as well. optional...

Note to NPCCC members we are going to meet at the Starbucks on US 30 (near Wise Way in Valpo) at 6:00 PM. and then go to our regular Club meeting at 7:00 at the Valpo Police Station. Thats what I have heard anyway... All are welcome to join in...

[FONT=&quot]Indiana Gun Owners [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]February 14, 2012[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Local Starbucks Manager,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Today I as well as a number of fellow law abiding citizens’s are making a purchase at your establishment to show my support of your stance on concealed and open firearm carry in Indiana. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Your policy of welcoming law abiding citizens to protect themselves in your stores is an indication of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]your support of public and personal safety. We are thankful for businesses such as yours, who do not falter or waiver in support of our constitutional rights, and who do not buckle under the limited “pressures” of those who through emotional appeals and irrational logic try to advance their own agendas contrary to law. By following our state laws regarding firearms, you are recognizing that the laws of our country continue to exist even as we cross your threshold; and that is gratefully appreciated. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Further, we would encourage you to forward this letter to your corporate offices, so that the policy making authorities within your company are made aware of our support.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The members and friends of the ____<insert local club or affiliation here if any> _ and would like to officially thank you for upholding the Constitutional Right to Bear Arms in your establishments. We pledge to continue to support your company as you continue to support the laws of this great country.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]____________________________________[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Indiana Gun Owners [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] February 14, 2012[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Local Starbucks Manager,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Today I as well as a number of fellow law abiding citizens’s are making a purchase at your establishment to show my support of your stance on concealed and open firearm carry in Indiana. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Your policy of welcoming law abiding citizens to protect themselves in your stores is an indication of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]your support of public and personal safety. We are thankful for businesses such as yours, who do not falter or waiver in support of our constitutional rights, and who do not buckle under the limited “pressures” of those who through emotional appeals and irrational logic try to advance their own agendas contrary to law. By following our state laws regarding firearms, you are recognizing that the laws of our country continue to exist even as we cross your threshold; and that is gratefully appreciated. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Further, we would encourage you to forward this letter to your corporate offices, so that the policy making authorities within your company are made aware of our support.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The members and friends of the ____<insert local club or affiliation here if any> _ and would like to officially thank you for upholding the Constitutional Right to Bear Arms in your establishments. We pledge to continue to support your company as you continue to support the laws of this great country.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]__________________________________________[/FONT]

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    What a great way to show support! I hope many can attend. I am new to Indiana, and this will be my first OC event. I hope the group does not mind if I ask for some advice here.
    Do I need an LTCH or Indiana DL before I OC in Indiana? I have my AZ Concealed Carry Permit (CCW), Is this sufficient to carry concealed or OC in Indiana? Are there any handguns banned in Indiana? My gun collection spans a wide spectrum and just want to make sure I don't carry something that's banned or otherwise considered illegal in the state of Indiana.
    Thanks!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    IANAL and don't quote me on this, but I would say you need your IN LTCH in order to OC. My guess is your AZ CCW permits you to concealed carry here in Hoosierland but not OC.

Again I could be wrong but I'd err on the side of caution.

I'm hoping my LTCH will have arrived by the 14th or I will be packing nothing more than a baton :p I'm still down for the Schererville Starbucks at 41/Main around lunch time (depending on work).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom