Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What a GREAT day!

My family and I arrived about 11:45am and began setting up the food and registration tables. Steve (sjstill) gave me and RogerB a quick run-down of the day and where we could set up. Roger and I moved some things around while other INGOers began to arrive.

After signing in and being issued super-secret INGO nametags (thanks SirRealism!), folks began pulling out camping chairs and delicious food. Some quickly headed for the range. Soon we heard "ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta" and someone remarked "Britton must already be here. . ."

At one point I was able to break away from the table and run a mag through Britton's full-auto .22 SBR. :ar15: The .22 is so easy to control, even in full-auto.

The best part of the day, for me, was getting to meet 46 fellow INGOers. They were really the nicest group of people, just like they are here on the board :D. Several brought their wives/girlfriends, who were real troopers in the 90+ degree heat.

I was also honored to spend some time with jimbo-indy and listen to him talk about his son 'epsylum' (Eric Rader), whom we all know passed last year due to a sudden heart issue. In his son's honor, Jim raffled off 3 large framed Glock posters, with proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Foundation. Kelly (Kr_Treefrog2) was selected to draw the winner, and our very own Fenway won!

Here is the list of attendees. If you didn't sign up at the registration table and I'm missing your name, PM me and I'll be sure to add it here:

RogerB
    Michiana
    esrice
    SirRealism
    K_Watson
    renegade
    Brown
    Jay
    bwegner
    Britton
    LoveMyRuger
    hc4sar
    Disposable Heart
    kingnereli
    jimbo-indy
    Ranger Rick
    wolfman
    hoosiertriangle
    Fenway
    sjstill
    Archbishop
    hotfarmboy1
    Yamaha
    smokingman
    grumpe
    P Starr
    IndyBeldar
    Pull Trigger, Goes Bang
    indytechnerd
    henktermaat
    BeeRian
    tharlow514
    Walter Zoomie
    curraheeguns
    Snake Eater
    opus1776
    pinhead56
    IndyRoadie
    lovemywoods
    Kr_Treefrog2
    tatters
    slacker
    revance
    Joe Williams
    CathyRae
    Turn Key

I've made sure to add all the above names to my Contacts/Friends list, which brings my total number of INGOers I've met to 129!

RogerB - thanks a million for the original idea and the planning of this great event. I did notice the nametags said "1st Annual", so it looks like we'll HAVE to do another one. . . . :D

SirRealism - speaking of nametags, they looked GREAT! People really liked them, and now they've got a sovenir to take home with them. Thanks for taking the time to make them.

sjstill - you were quietly getting things done today, but you didn't go unnoticed. Thank you for opening up your facilities to a group made largely of strangers (before today ;)). You run a good tight show and I appreciate the work you and your ROs do.

Britton - you were responsible for the ear-to-ear grins on everyone's faces today! Thanks for making the long drive down to bring us some full-auto goodness. Everyone certainly appreciated the free industry swag, as well as the 21st Century t-shirts. My wife and I had a nice time chatting with Robin this afternoon as well. Perhaps next time we'll have a chance to meet your kids.

Fenway - LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED!! :D :ingo:

Last edited:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Some pictures from today

Here are some pictures from the 2009 Family Picnic today. It felt like I was taking tons of pictures, but only ended up with about 40.

The day was great, thanks to everyone who helped to plan it

Some Highlights for me:
    -Full-auto .22 m16 :ar15:
    -Awesome name-tags
    -Free T-shirts from 21st century arms :rockwoot:
    -The girls on the glock posters
    -Meeting some INGO'ers and their family/friends

Anyways, here are the pics that I have :ingo:

Picasa Web Albums - Zac Jackson - INGO Family P...

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Flipped a coin between the two AAR threads, this one won. :)

It was a great time for sure, even with the temps a little on the warm side.

Evan, can you get a head count from the registration table?

Here's a few pics taken with the crappy Blackberry. :yesway: I know there were some video's being taken out there today, looking forward to seeing those too! :D

Thanks again for all those involved in planning and those in attendance.

Special Thanks goes out to Steve and all his RO's for all they did today!

Was great meeting everyone! :ingo:

e9cej9.jpg

108grxz.jpg

2qvr4v9.jpg

2wpks5f.jpg

30w1j10.jpg

u2es7.jpg

2rmb59t.jpg

2gufktf.jpg

2ag20dg.jpg

24deiqr.jpg

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    MAN! I'm soooo sorry I had to miss it! So much happened all at once this weekend and I lost the kids for the day to some serious BS and couldn't bring them. Figured since I couldn't bring my family I'd just go take some time to myself and get stuff right in my head. Ended up at Cataract Falls and Lieber SP.

Again I'm really sorry I missed it. It looks like you all had a great time! How did the Flag look? Did our soldier brethren feel as honored as we do? How did that Kriss shoot? Looks like Fen had fun with it!!! I HATE that I missed it, but if I couldn't bring my kids I wasn't going. I did put about 250-300 miles on my hoopty ride though! :D

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I for one had a blast!!!!

What a great event and what great people. I thought everyone was very professional and the range staff was great! Thanks to everyone involved.

Also thanks to whoever made the FA happen because it was a great chance to allow people to shoot them with the only cost being your own ammunition. That is a rare thing now a days. To do the same shooting at Knob Creek would have been steep.

I would be happy to bring the max-11 back out next year if they are allowed again. Hopefully with sights this time and a little better stock!!! Should look like this by this time next year.

FTUpper20006.jpg

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I for one had a blast!!!!

What a great event and what great people. I thought everyone was very professional and the range staff was great! Thanks to everyone involved.

Also thanks to whoever made the FA happen because it was a great chance to allow people to shoot them with the only cost being your own ammunition. That is a rare thing now a days. To do the same shooting at Knob Creek would have been steep.

I would be happy to bring the max-11 back out next year if they are allowed again. Hopefully with sights this time and a little better stock!!! Should look like this by this time next year.

FTUpper20006.jpg

Thanks for letting me shoot that, it was a fast yet fun waste of 3o rounds of 9mm WWB :) :ar15::rockwoot:

I got some pics and vids... I'll get them up this evening

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I had a great time meeting everybody! And a great time shooting. Too bad I didn't catch Britton before he put away the full auto Kriss, but at least I got to shoot the carbine and made one ragged hole, lol. Getting one of those is now definitely on my list!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It was great meeting you guys and seeing all the different firearms. I found out I suck on the range, lol. Gotta be able to afford more ammo so I can practice practice practice!

Sadly, I lost my name tag. I wanted it as a memento since they were so darn COOL!

Thanks everyone!

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I thought the day really went well! I wasnt sure what to expect with potentially so many people coming. We (ROs) really wanted to help make this a good 'ol fun time, keep everyone safe, and make sure get everyone got a chance to shoot.

It got busy, but I think everyone had a good time. Thanks to everyone for sharing guns :rockwoot:, lane time, and for all the great food (Bill, that chicken was AWSOME!!!).

Brian

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Wow, it looks like it turned out splendidly! Darn my luck for having a newborn to take care of! ;) (Really.. it was a tough decision... I am ALL about these group shoots!)

I'm glad everyone had fun, and I can't wait for the next one when we can either get a babysitter or bring her with us. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow, it looks like it turned out splendidly! Darn my luck for having a newborn to take care of! ;) (Really.. it was a tough decision... I am ALL about these group shoots!)

I'm glad everyone had fun, and I can't wait for the next one when we can either get a babysitter or bring her with us. :)

:patriot: Family first! Hope all is well with the little one! :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom