Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Reserved for AARs. :D

So far, its 3pm, and we're at the half way point. We're taking a 30 minute break to allow the machine guns to cool, and then we're back at it.

Items of note so far:
    • The AC556 throws dirt, HIGH.
    • A full mag dump on the Mac is oh-so-nice!
    • The MP5 makes a nice whooosh sounds when suppressed.
    More to come later!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Mid-day update

As I am typing this note, I can hear automatic gunfire and the ring of lead on steel in the background! :D

After a damp lead-up and threatening forecasts of rain, the second annual NFA Day is happening under a beautiful partly cloudy, partly sunny sky!

Here are a few of pictures from earlier this afternoon.

Shooter521 talking NFA stuff!
    2m2iec4.jpg

ZbornacSVT
    r9fqdk.jpg

Kr_treefrog2
    33ym8bb.jpg

Cwood
    ehwswi.jpg

More pictures will certainly follow….:ar15:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I'm sneaking away from Psychology for a second, here's a few pics I took. What a good time, talking and shooting is always a good time. Shooter's sub-gun just spells fun.

P1060243.jpg

P1060270-1.jpg

P1060272.jpg

P1060274.jpg

P1060275.jpg

P1060248.jpg

P1060249.jpg

P1060257.jpg

P1060265.jpg

THANK YOU TO ALL THE VENDORS!!!! They are actually more like unpaid salesmen. B/c now I'm gonna get a 9mm suppressor. lol.

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    More words, pics and videos to follow! Had a complete ball as always.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT3ILCD-aOo]YouTube - rugerauto[/ame]

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just got in a bit ago; thought I'd check in before I start cleaning guns for tomorrow's festivities.

I would just like to say thanks to all of our attendees; everyone asked intelligent questions, was SAFE, and seemed to enjoy themselves. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and sharing my toys and knowledge.

Our only casualty was my 9mm AR; the ejector snapped fairly early on. Fortunately, Cwood had his 9mm SBR along, so we were able to run my upper on his lower for the rest of the day. We also found the failure point for a lot of the guns as far as how hot and dirty they can get before needing a break. Rotor Talker's MP5 seemed to be among the most reliable; despite being one of the hardest-run guns there, it ate everything fed to it and only bobbled once that I saw. bigcraig's 11.5" BCM upper with the AAC suppressor on VUPDblue's M-16 lower was a close second; there is NO finish left on that can now, but it ran like a champ all afternoon.

I gotta say, the biggest difference from last year is clearly the number and quality of cameras present. I didn't even bother taking more than about a half-dozen photos. Jenn (lovemywoods' wife) shot a bunch of professional-quality pics, went up to the house, downloaded them and printed them out on photo-quality paper, and had souvenir photos ready for some of the shooters "in about an hour," just like the film developing places. ;) It was awesome. We also had at least two different video cameras running off and on throughout the day.

Well, that's it for now. Time to get things cleaned up and get some sleep. Back at it tomorrow!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had a blast! Literally!

This was my first experience with anything full auto.

If it were legal to sell organs, I'd sell a kidney to fund an MP-5/suppressor. :D

My 2nd fave was the Ruger rifle. That SOB is LOUD. :rockwoot:
    Close 3rd was the Vector SBR.

I completely forgot to ask Roto Talker if he'd adopt me.

'Twas also very nice meeting and re-meeting all ya'll.

-J-

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Just got in a bit ago; thought I'd check in before I start cleaning guns for tomorrow's festivities.

I would just like to say thanks to all of our attendees; everyone asked intelligent questions, was SAFE, and seemed to enjoy themselves. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and sharing my toys and knowledge.

Our only casualty was my 9mm AR; the ejector snapped fairly early on. Fortunately, Cwood had his 9mm SBR along, so we were able to run my upper on his lower for the rest of the day. We also found the failure point for a lot of the guns as far as how hot and dirty they can get before needing a break. Rotor Talker's MP5 seemed to be among the most reliable; despite being one of the hardest-run guns there, it ate everything fed to it and only bobbled once that I saw. bigcraig's 11.5" BCM upper with the AAC suppressor on VUPDblue's M-16 lower was a close second; there is NO finish left on that can now, but it ran like a champ all afternoon.

I gotta say, the biggest difference from last year is clearly the number and quality of cameras present. I didn't even bother taking more than about a half-dozen photos. Jenn (lovemywoods' wife) shot a bunch of professional-quality pics, went up to the house, downloaded them and printed them out on photo-quality paper, and had souvenir photos ready for some of the shooters "in about an hour," just like the film developing places. ;) It was awesome. We also had at least two different video cameras running off and on throughout the day.

Well, that's it for now. Time to get things cleaned up and get some sleep. Back at it tomorrow!

And then there is those weird 9mm AR double feeds from space! :):

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I had such a great time today, can't thank the hosts and vendors enough for everything they did to put on such a good time. Got to shoot a bunch of awesome guns, met a bunch of awesome people, perfect weather, outstanding food, can't ask for more than that.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I had a great time!! Thanks to all the vendors for letting us shoot all your guns. I had an absolute blast! It was my first time shooting anything full auto or silenced. And I loved it! I'm already looking at getting a suppressor in the future after I buy a walther P22, and have the orig barrel for my 10/22 threaded. :D Then maybe one for a 1911 after that. I have so much I wanna get now, that you guys got me to stop thinking about more car mods even though I had forgot how fun this car was, lol. I really don't know if I can choose a favorite though. Although the M16 running the silenced upper is pretty close to top. Now I really want a silencer for a future AR lol.

I do wanna say thank you to lovemywoods for hosting this. You have a beautiful home and property and I don't think I'd ever get bored if I lived in a place like that, lol.

And FYI to those of you that know how fast I was driving on my trip down, I slowed down and drove normal on the way back, lol.:):

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    greatest day ever!!!:rockwoot: huge thanks to the vendors for letting us play with their toys and for taking all the leg work out of trying to convince my wife to let me get a suppressor. but most of all to dave for letting us come out to his gorgeous piece of heaven. and now the pics.

the calm before the storm that was hurricane NFA day.

IMG_5642.jpg

some of the smile inducers

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

two incredibly handsome men staring at the greatness about to commence

IMG_5680.jpg

the mp5 just before the fun button

IMG_5656.jpg

IGNITION!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQegms8qZgU]YouTube - tyler in love with an mp5[/ame]

and after, smoking like cigar

IMG_5659.jpg

and what a lucky guy I am my wife wanted to come and play today(my nickname for her from now on is the keeper:D)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvQtC4Q6o_o]YouTube - jennifer with full auto .22 suppressed[/ame]

a little bit of fun during the break helping dave clear some trees

IMG_5696.jpg

IMG_5698.jpg

evan "not wanting to hurt the knife":rolleyes:

IMG_5700.jpg

the mac raising hell

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRJENUYN66k]YouTube - fun with automatic smile inducers[/ame]

and some watermelon explosions

IMG_5714.jpg

IMG_5712.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-HO3QGhPQ0]YouTube - watermelon death[/ame]

the aftermath of NFA day

IMG_5725.jpg

more videos tomorrow and once again thanks to dave and the vendors, I'm already gearing up for next year:ingo:

p.s.- dave the ribs were great, you can breathe now:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Geez, is there anything left to shoot? I have a huge stack of big, thick computer manuals I need to get rid of... :D

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Great pics Tyler! Thanks again for letting me beat on the SRKW Waki! That is one wicked blade, I'm already looking for one for myself.

Looking forward to seeing some more pics! Keep 'em coming guys!!!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    ARGH! I just got home and reviewed the video I attempted to take with my video cam. No sound. I think I dropped it or something. I can't decide which one I loved more... the H&K MP5 or the MAC10. Holy Schnikes. This one is going in my dream journal. I'm thinking about having babies and selling them on the black market just so I can buy a few Class III FA toys.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Just checking in real quick after scrubbing the AC556 clean! You guys got some great pics already! Looking forward to seeing more. I was so busy on the line that I basically only got video of the evil tango eradication! I hope everyone had a good time today. I saw lots of smiles and grown men giggleing. I hope everyone went home with empty ammo cans. I'd like to add my thanks to Dave and family for letting us have free run of their wonderful homestead. I'd also like to thank all of the participants for being safe and grown-up today. I didn't see a single instance where I was worried about someone getting hurt. Sorry to all the folks that had trouble with Wolf ammo in my MG, but thanks for testing it out for me :~) Tom and I were talking on the way home and we figured the AC probably had near a thousand rounds though it today! I had to set and cool off several times! I'm glad I could be a part of it and hope to have more toys and be there again next year!

Doug K

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom