• Status
    Not open for further replies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    "Awesome" doesn't even begin to describe it. I will post some thoughts once I've had a chance to process everything. I took no pictures, but there were plenty of people shooting stills and videos, so I expect they'll start to trickle in soon.

A HUGE thanks to the vendors, attendees and our invited guests for a safe and immensely enjoyable event, and of course to Dave and Jenn for putting up with all of our shenanigans for an entire weekend.

More to come...

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Yes, thank you to everyone for keeping this event safe and fun. Thanks to the Rices for their hospitality. I was a great time with lots of friends and lots of guns.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wasn't planning to post any pics, but I found this epic shot of 40calPunisher blowing the ever-lovin' seeds out of a watermelon with a S&W .460 scoped revolver.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I wasn't planning to post any pics, but I found this epic shot of 40calPunisher blowing the ever-lovin' seeds out of a watermelon with a S&W .460 scoped revolver.

Weren't planning to post any pics?? One of the highlights of the day was your daughter smoking that Evil Tango Watermelon with the suppressed 10/22, and shooting the AC556 with the Ciener kit in it... :rockwoot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Weren't planning to post any pics?? One of the highlights of the day was your daughter smoking that Evil Tango Watermelon with the suppressed 10/22, and shooting the AC556 with the Ciener kit in it... :rockwoot:

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pics of us. Mostly video which I'm too tired to edit. :D

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    Had a great time. a huge THANKS to Dave & family for the use of your beatiful property. now if the Thompson would just clean itself, it would be a perfect day.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I can't wait for the group photo of this event.

The person holding the Serbu in the aforementioned pic had the best line of the day.

WATERMELONS !!

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Thank you to all you guys who let everyone mandle (mandle = man handle) all of your guns. And a special thanks to knobcreeknut for making one of my once thought impossible dreams come true. That truly is a beautiful machine. Now on to the videos. :)

Fenway giving the Thompson some love. Or the Thompson giving Fenway some love. Who knows.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDSFriZ2jI]YouTube - 0927091247[/ame]

MP5 = fun
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWPEsjnVF0]YouTube - 0927091328[/ame]

The brass rainbow
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq6DkzrUDhg]YouTube - 0927091342[/ame]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hahaha, that last video of Joe catching the hot brass is priceless!

Some observations. . . . .

• The FNC throws brass like I've never seen before. Shooting it in lane 2 means that brass is flying over lane 3 and into the woods. :n00b:
    • Kira is a cutie.
    • The Thompson truly is a 'sweeper', even when you don't want it to be. :D (you know who you are, lol)
    • The MP5, when suppressed, has a unique whoosh sound too it. It probably sounded the most like a "movie silencer", compared to the others.
    • A BCM upper on an M16 lower is a thing of beauty, and reliability! Toss a smokin' hot M4 2000 suppressor on it, and you're off to the races!
    • Don't mess with little girls shooting suppressed .22 rifles.
    • When you think you might've broken a multi-thousand $$$ MG, minutes turn into hours, and you smile on the outside while your inside screams "OMG PLEASE DON'T BE BROKEN!!" :D
    • S&W M&P45's have a much better grip than Glock .45s.
    • Garlic fried potatoes, bacon-wrapped sausages, and biscuits make an awesome pre-NFA Day breakfast.
    • I'm glad I wasn't hurt, because I didn't want Tinman touching me! ;)
    Thanks to all our returning guests, as well as some new faces. Alumni Day had such a nice relaxed atmosphere. At the end of the day, I was completely exhausted.

:ar15:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can't wait for the group photo of this event.

The person holding the Serbu in the aforementioned pic had the best line of the day.

WATERMELONS !!

We got halfway home last night when she suddenly shouted "WATERMELONS!!" and then started giggling. :):

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Priceless! Seeing how well she handled herself all day, and watching her shoot, do well and enjoy it was a real treat.

She's a good kid and she really didn't want to be there. When she heard there would be some reactive targets to shoot, she got excited about it. I want to thank anyone who passed on the chance to shoot a watermelon because it freed one up for her to shoot with the 10/22. :ingo:

She managed to shred that thing with every shot, too! I was a little surprised at the damage a .22 can do.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have to say that Sunday was incredible! I had an awesome time! Pretty much everything there was a first time item for me. I was all over that Serbu and I probably could have just shot that thing all day. Thank you BigCraig! :D And then, I had to go shoot that MP5. I shot it without the supressor because of weight and I would have then shot that thing all day too! Shooting the Tommy Gun was also fabulous. Unfortunately though I couldn't empty the mag. It was just too heavy for me. I have a bad arm/shoulder which is a little achy today but so is the rest of me.. hehehe I was afraid of hurting it so I was trying to be good and careful yesterday.

I am so grateful for people like Mr and Mrs LoveMyWoods for opening their home up to so many strangers this weekend and providing so much food. Their property is absolutely gorgeous. I'm very thankful to the vendors that brought all of the firearms. I know they know the joy they brought to everyone but I'm sure it's nice for them to hear.

It look a lot of work and planning on everyone's part there, so THANK YOU!

I will see if Little Spasmo will write a few words in a bit when she gets out of school. I don't know if she will but I'll ask her.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    NFADay2009032.jpg
    NFADay2009034.jpg

NFADay2009034.jpg

NFADay2009037.jpg

Time to cool Big Craig's suppressor

NFADay2009038.jpg

NFADay2009039.jpg

NFADay2009041.jpg

VUPDblue rockin the MP5

NFADay2009045.jpg

NFADay2009047.jpg

NFADay2009049.jpg

NFADay2009052.jpg

NFADay2009053.jpg

NFADay2009054.jpg

Here is the best picture of the day, do you see any resemblance to the Kevlar Bearded one?

NFADay2009028.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Here is the best picture of the day, do you see any resemblance to the Kevlar Bearded one?

If you're going to publicly humiliate me, at least do it in the right thread... that pic was taken after dinner on NFA Day, not the Alumni shoot.

And at least I got a dollar out of the deal! :lmfao:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Thank you to all you guys who let everyone mandle (mandle = man handle) all of your guns. And a special thanks to knobcreeknut for making one of my once thought impossible dreams come true. That truly is a beautiful machine. Now on to the videos. :)

Fenway giving the Thompson some love. Or the Thompson giving Fenway some love. Who knows.
    YouTube - 0927091247

MP5 = fun
    YouTube - 0927091328

The brass rainbow
    YouTube - 0927091342

:bowdown::crying: I WANT A THOMPSON TOO!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm better now.... for a minute...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom