• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    NWI-Schererville: INGO ~ 4-1-10 "OPEN CARRY" Cigar Night at Pit Stop Cigar Lounge

Well I've received a few inquiries from members here to ask if I will host another INGO Cigar Night. I have recently finalized a date for our next Cigar Night at one of my cigar lounges and even before it was announced publicly I've been in contact with a few members, one of whom already knew the date!!!

So let me just make it official. I will host another INGO cigar night. It will be on APRIL 1, 2010. That is a THURSDAY evening. From 5pm to 9pm. It will be at the Pit Stop Smoke Shop/Cigar Lounge located inside PINE ISLAND PLAZA (US30 & Pine Island Court). It will be open to all INGO members (anti-smokers may hold their breath while attending) and there is no reason to be a cigar smoker to attend.

We will have the Representative from ROMEO y JULIETTA on hand, he will be sampling "Romeo y Julietta 'Habana Reserve'" cigars and offering deals on his brands if you want to buy any. But there will be free cigars to try even if you don't want to buy anything. Water, coffee and limited snacks/finger food will be served in the lounge. BTW he is also a Hoosier, a gun owner, and probably will carry a Glock 22.

1lounge.jpg

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I don't smoke...but I chew snuff...will snuff and a spittoon be provided?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well you are welcome to come, you are welcome to chew, you can even spit in a cup. But the cigar representative is providing cigars. So that will be the only freebie that will be passed out other than some finger foods and water bottles.

By the way, as far as I am concerned, this can be an OPEN CARRY event, so anyone who wants to OPEN CARRY you are welcome to do so. :yesway:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Me neither.

The other day that really gets me crabby is "Tax Freedom Day" That one changes every year. But its getting later and later into the year. At some point we are going to be working more for the government than for ourselves. I know I should celebrate that day because the rest of the year is for 'me' but I can't seem to get past the fact that American's pay more in TAXES than they pay for FOOD, CLOTHING and HOUSING combined!

But in between times, I'll smoke a nice cigar.

Yesterday I lit up a nice, serious smoke. Smoked a very nice BOLIVAR COFRADIA BELICOSO FINO yesterday afternoon. I keep going back to the Bolivar Cofradia collection of cigars when I want a good well balanced, beautifully constructed cigar with a full bodied smoke. This one can give you a bit of a head buzz, its not for the timid, but it won't knock you down either. It is clearly not a mild cigar, its got a good full body with plenty of intensity. Best of all, most of them are middle priced at roughly $6 to $7 each. Well constructed is an understatement. I only carry them at 2 of the stores and recommend them to folks looking for a good real cigar, but only if they are used to cigars like PUNCH or PARTAGAS or COMACHO or similar cigars.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'll try to make it and introduce myself to some INGO brothers and sisters.

We'll be happy to see you there.

I probably should point out that there is no obligation for anyone to buy a cigar or smoke anything, although at the last one it got VERY smoky inside despite the air cleaners and fans working full blast. He gives away some free cigars so if people just come for the socializing that is perfectly fine with me.

We have these smoke nights once a month, and this particular manufacturer's rep is a Hoosier gun owner and has a LTCH and carried at the last event. He said he'd do a couple more so I figured as long as he is the one who is coming with the cigars then I'd make his nights "INGO" nights too.

He is actually doing 2 of the Cigar Nights for us in April, one at the Pine Island/Schererville store on April 1 and another at our Cedar Lake store on April 22. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just a daily bump, and to freshen it up, here's another photo of the Schererville store inside Pine Island Plaza. Hoping to see a bunch of INGO members stop in to say HI and meet some folks.

Remember, this is an open carry friendly event for those who choose to OC.

z1.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Thursday April 1 is rapidly approaching, only 2 days from now.

Perhaps I should have saved it for Thursday Night, but I lit up an Cu-Avana INTENSO Robust Maduro about 30 minutes ago to try it out. Interesting cigar, it is very full flavored but only modestly strong in intensity. This cigar is full of spice, very typical of the Honduran cigars. Its got my lips tingling but my head is not buzzing. The flavors are hard to describe but peppery tobacco flavors ring throughout this cigar. It's a hearty, strong, effulgent cigar that delivers a consistent flavor. If you like deep, earthy flavor with a mineral or even charcoal undertone, this cigar will probably satisfy you.

The ash is holding very well and is a nice light grey, easily holds a full inch of ash without falling off. The wrapper is somewhat rough, heavily veined but very pliable. Most of the dark maduro wrappers are a bit thicker than the lighter wrappers because of the fermentation process used to make these rich dark wrappers. Construction of this cigar is very good, its rolled well and feels firm but no so firm that it makes for a hard draw. The draw is actually very nice, requiring no extra effort.

cs-3eb-view3.jpg

The image is a file image from a cigar website, the cigar I'm smoking is not pictured as this is a dark black maduro cigar and those cigars in the image show a natural wrapper.

I doubt I'd make this one of my cigar choices as its peppery flavors tend to impart a modest bite, but it is a nice change up for those folks looking for something a little different or wanting to try something that is neither mellow (like the Macanudo brand) nor too intense (like the Comacho). Lots of flavor in this cigar, lots of body to the smoke. Something tells me my wife will be *****ing at me because I smell like a chimney.​

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom