Fort Wayne Lunch At Lone Star (17 Jul 2010)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    I am in the midst of planning a lunch in the Fort Wayne area at the Lone Star restaurant located on Coldwater Road.

Date: 17 Jul 2010 (Saturday)
    Time: 12:00 PM - ?

Yesterday, I spoke with the general manager of Lone Star, Greg Kelty, and talked with him about who we are and what we do, and that I wanted to book the private dining room for a lunch. He didn't blink an eye when I told him we are a group of Indiana gun owners. I made sure he was informed that we all have our LTCH, and that we would be carrying handguns, some openly, some concealed. Again, Greg had no problem with either.

I asked him how many people could the private dining room seat. He said in the configuration that was up on Monday ("U" shaped), it could seat 30 confortably. If need be, a maximum of 50 could be seated.

There is no fee associated with using the room, but plan on an 18% gratuity on each ticket.

Also, I am planning to raffle off 3 gift cards to Gander Mountain. The amounts are $10, $25, and $50. Tickets will be available to purchase in the dining room for $1 each or 6 for $5. The drawing is tentatively scheduled to happen at 1:30 PM, and you must be present to win.

In light of events that have happened in other states, I feel I must say this up front so there isn't any confusion: no long arms of any type please, and handguns must be in a holster. I would like us to present the best possible image not only to the folks staffing the restaurant, but to the other customers as well.

I will contact Lone Star tomorrow (Wednesday) and book the room. If anything changes, or I need to pass something along to everyone, I will post it here.

I will be giving Lone Star a final head count no later than 14 Jul 2010 (Wednesday).

*UPDATE*
    Spoke with Sheila today (Wednesday) and booked the room for the 17th of July. Mark your calanders folks!

Current Attendees (12 total possible so far):
    The Spud and Wife
    Libertarian01
    Fixer and GunSlinger77
    JohnP82
    T-rav
    ottawa4 (?)
    BushmasterM4 and Wife
    trnsplntfrmohio
    johnsmith

Last edited:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Well I guess since my wife(Gunslinger77) didn't include me, I will add myself to the list of definatley going. If you can't carry in a Texas themed restaurant then something is really wrong.
    :draw:

ottawa4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    What could be better than that. A good lunch and get to meet fellow Fort Wayne gun Owners. Should be a great day

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom